Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GIGSPAM! Melbourne'ers, get the lead out...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by *ToNeS*, Oct 29, 2003.

1. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Oh man, it feels so good to be back gigging. After a brutally long hiatus from the live scene (my fault, my fault), me and the lads are back and I couldn't be more stoked to hit it up once again. The sweat, the tears; the loading up of the van - the journey to the gig, complete with volatile arguments over whether the Deftones really DO suck or not (always ends in hugs and reaffirmations of brotherhood, mind), the bringing in of the gear to the cramped venue, our manager doing his magic to secure our pay; security rocking up and getting amped to bash those who take it upon themselves to be belligerent - warm-ups, stretching, complete sobriety prior to THE SHOW ITSELF! Jeezus, how I have MISSED YOU! RAWR!

*ahem* Anyway! I was thinking, 'Man, it'd be trip to have some Aussie TB'ers rock up'. It's on Monday (Cup Eve! Yes! Drunken punters going ape!), so if you lot aren't doing much head down to...

The Duke of Windsor (corner of Chapel st. and High st., Prahran) at 10:00pm on Monday the 3rd. We're supporting that kooky retro-goth outfit known as Mandy Kane before they scarper off to tour with Manson, with local misfits The Hollow opening up proceedings and yours truly The Format in the middle slot. Nice, somewhat cosy :) Entry is not steep at all, so don't be a pack of bloody pikers!

P.S. It also occurs to me that young kirbs has recently been emotionally devastated. Not cool. KIRBO! Get yourself down there and have a teary to our peculiar brand of alt-emo! You'll feel better, mate. Really.

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Any Sydney gigs Tones?

3. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    I'll be there Tones - Just down the street from my place! :cool:

4. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Sadly I don't think we'll be leaving the Victorian area until our single comes out next year - but Poidas, I highly recommend that you come down to Melbourne on December the 1st. I was at a mate's gig at the Armadale Hotel last night and word got through to us that we're supporting the almighty SUNK LOTO at the Esplanade Hotel in St. Kilda! Something tells me that will be huge (and it also makes our Rock Resume look a lot better, too) :D

Unharmed, mate! Me too! I live off Commercial road! I'm sure the muffled garblings of my unco slap solo's have permeated your house at one stage or another! Damn man, come and chat to me after we finish, that'd be ace :)

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I like the Espy!

I won't be able to gett down to Melb any time soon. I resigned from my job today. New job starts in 2 weeks but they pay monthly. So I've gotta somehow survive 6 weeks without any money coming in......... guess who's gonna ba a tight ass for a while?

6. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    I'm just on the other side of Dandenong Rd so you would probably need Tombowlus' rig for me to hear you from here :eek: :D
    I'll definitely come have a chat afterwards. You guys start at 10?

7. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Yep, 10:00pm it is; rock up earlier if you wanna catch The Hollow play, but you won't be missing much if you don't :D