Gigspam: Test Pattern in DC Fri Jun 17

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jammadave, Jun 15, 2005.

1. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    hey all - we finally landed a weekend gig =0)

Test Pattern - Grog and Tankard, Friday 6/17 10PM. $6 cover, and tell the nice man you're there to see Test Pattern

Originally slated to be headlining on Saturday but whatever powers-that-be changed it, so this weekend sees us going on at 10PM on Friday with a shortened set.

With the shortened set, we're playing almost 100% originals, the only thing we cut was several covers.

Playing with Boutros-Boutros, the Mark Vedete Band and Spiny Norman. Understand that it should be a good show all around with a big crowd even though I haven't heard the other bands yet myself, and with 4 bands the show usually starts at 8.

2. basscentric

Feb 22, 2005
    Hey man...

I wish I knew another talkbass member was playing at the Grog that night. I would have stayed on to listen to you guys. I play bass for Spiny Norman. I hope u guys had a great gig. It was a little weird playing that place before the sun goes down. Do u guys have mp3s online?

Justin (we should have mp3's next week on the site)
  3. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Hey Justin - wow, didn't realize you were a TBer, woulda said hi - yeah, we (Test Pattern) were the, uhhh, hard rock band, stuck in the middle of three jambands. I was telling everybody who showed up later, to see us, that you guys had a very Doors type sound...

I'll have to admit though, that our style is wayyy different from you guys and the other bands, not the best lineup for the audience, I think - people who loved you guys probably hated us. I think we have a more Foo Fighters type vibe, slightly aggressive but still catchy. All good, though.

How was your feeling on the evening, and playing there in general? I am not a huge fan of the Grog way of doing things, after having played there several times this year and then we started getting jumbled around the past couple times, somewhat unceremoniously.
  4. basscentric

Feb 22, 2005
    It's kind of a weird place. One thing that's definitely odd is that they book bands of contrasting genres there. One thing I will say is that they have a half way decent sound system and they actually do a soundcheck which i think is good.

We were supposed to originally play from 8-9:30. Then we were told about 2 weeks ago that we would have to start at 8 pm for a one hour set...or start at 7:30 for a 90 min set. Like I said b4..that was so weird playing that early. We did have one discrepancy for a second about payment... I reminded him what he and I had negotiated and then he was cool with it.

How did you guys do? I wasn't able to get as many people out as i would have liked...not sure how it was received.
  5. Chiba

Mar 11, 2005
    Hey guys - sorry I missed out. Be sure to post again when you're playing next. Come out & see Crashlander (my band) some time around DC as well...

6. basscentric

Feb 22, 2005
    Spiny Norman's next gig is Saturday June 16 around 9:15.

I like the Crashlander flyer for the black cat show.
  7. basscentric

Feb 22, 2005
    Where else do u guys play dave?
  8. basscentric

Feb 22, 2005
    Hey guys...

I just wanted to remind everyone that my band will be playing at the Grog & Tankard this Saturday at 8:30pm-9:45pm. Please come if you can.

audio a
    venue info at