Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gigspam Washington DC Dec. 23

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Philbiker, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hey my new band "Not Dead Yet" is going to be playing this Friday Dec 23 at everyone's favorite Amateur friendly DC Rock and roll dive The Grog And Tankard. We go on early at 8:00PM, probably playing two sets. Start your Holday weekend off with a bang! It will be the debut of my new bass!

2. wow, the G&T...brings back memories. I played there many times with Senses Bureau and Bellyland. Is that crazy guy still running the place, Abduhl or something like that?

3. Philbiker

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I believe so! I haven't played there myself in many years, but I've played there with various other bands. The place is a real s--thole dive, perfect for rock and roll!

4. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Eh? New bass? What'd you get, Phil? :)

I'll definitely come out if I'm still in town. Thanks for the heads-up!

5. Philbiker

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I got one of the closeout USA Peavey Milleniums at Musician's Friend. Review Pictures. I love it! :hyper:

6. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Now how on earth did I miss that? Looks great Phil! Glad to see you're happy with it, and at that price, it truly was a steal! :)