Gillette M3 Power Razor

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Jun 13, 2005.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I went out to buy new blades for my regular M3 the other day and wound up coming home with the new M3 Power. I had seen the commercials, so I figured I'd give it a try.

My first experience with it was after putting the battery in I spent about a half hour playing with it and putting it against any surface that would make noise (a table, a glass this a guy thing?) But in the morning I shaved with it, and unless I really just have't changed my blades in a while, this thing, atleast to me, does give you a closer shave in less strokes. Usually even with new blades I can feel the blades on my face, but with this it felt like i was shaving with a piece of rubber..I couldn't feel a thing. The only thing is that the vibration from the razor kept making my hand go numb.

So all and all I'm pretty happy with it (more so that I didn't slit my throat with it).

Has anyone else tried it and what did you think?
  2. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I use it too. I don't really notice it shaving any closer, but it definitely shaves with less irritation.

I don't buy the "hair lifting sonic pulse" junk in the commercials. It seems to me that the vibrations give the blade a slight side to side sawing motion that cuts the hair better than just shearing it off.

Regardless, it does give a pretty nice shave.
  3. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    What Punkertrav said. I like em.
  4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    My step brother has one... I put my regular M3 blade on it to give it a whirl.... did a pretty good job.

i want one.
  5. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I wonder what the difference would be between using an M3 Power blade and a regular M3 (besides the almost $5 difference).

While trying it again this morning..well, afternoon (I was lazy today *lol*), I turned it off at one point and I definately noticed a difference. More "drag" and not as smooth. I'm rethinking about whether or not it gives a "closer" shave, or whether or not it's just a smoother one. Either way, I'm enjoying it.