1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gillette M3 Power Razor

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Jun 13, 2005.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I went out to buy new blades for my regular M3 the other day and wound up coming home with the new M3 Power. I had seen the commercials, so I figured I'd give it a try.

My first experience with it was after putting the battery in I spent about a half hour playing with it and putting it against any surface that would make noise (a table, a glass etc..is this a guy thing?) But in the morning I shaved with it, and unless I really just have't changed my blades in a while, this thing, atleast to me, does give you a closer shave in less strokes. Usually even with new blades I can feel the blades on my face, but with this it felt like i was shaving with a piece of rubber..I couldn't feel a thing. The only thing is that the vibration from the razor kept making my hand go numb.

So all and all I'm pretty happy with it (more so that I didn't slit my throat with it).

Has anyone else tried it and what did you think?

2. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I use it too. I don't really notice it shaving any closer, but it definitely shaves with less irritation.

I don't buy the "hair lifting sonic pulse" junk in the commercials. It seems to me that the vibrations give the blade a slight side to side sawing motion that cuts the hair better than just shearing it off.

Regardless, it does give a pretty nice shave.

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    What Punkertrav said. I like em.

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    My step brother has one... I put my regular M3 blade on it to give it a whirl.... did a pretty good job.

i want one.

5. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I wonder what the difference would be between using an M3 Power blade and a regular M3 (besides the almost $5 difference).

While trying it again this morning..well, afternoon (I was lazy today *lol*), I turned it off at one point and I definately noticed a difference. More "drag" and not as smooth. I'm rethinking about whether or not it gives a "closer" shave, or whether or not it's just a smoother one. Either way, I'm enjoying it.