1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gimme a sense of the ATK 5 wire.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nightsblood, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Ive got my gigging rid set up and done, but its a metal rig and I cant groove much on it so, I need a bass to noodle around on here at the house to keep my funky side alive....or it will die!

Anyway, Im looking at either a Squire Active Jazz V (very popular here) or an ATK 5. Ive played the Squire and really like it although the string spacing is pretty tight. Ive never played an ATK but I hear their necks are a bit beefier that the Soundgears, which is good. I hate Soundgears.

So, whats the feel and string spacing on the ATK comparable to? Ive played several 5 strings so feel free to compare it to others.

2. The spacing on the ATK is too tight for me - I think it's 17.0mm - and although it's a great bass tonewise and very versatile, the spacing is something you have to take into account. I like mine too much to get rid of it, but I can't play it!

3. Thats actually fine for me. Im used to Spector spacing which is 17mm. I cant find a spacing for the Squire. Someone on heres bound to know.

Decisions, decisions.

4. rx jr.

rx jr.

May 10, 2004
    Brooklyn
    weird, the spacing on the squier active deluxe jazz V is pretty wide...

5. bleeding

bleeding

Jan 10, 2007
    Ya I thought the spacing on the squier was pretty wide too...and it sounds great