Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

gimme your opinions........no..please, do! :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Si-bob, Mar 29, 2002.

1. i'm a bit reluctant to post this, cos u guys might nick my baby :)
    but WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THIS?, whats wrong with it? :)

EBAY link

*Si*

2. It's either a joke, or someone's on acid with that price. One Pound openning bid! And since when is Cologne in the U.K.?

I'd stay away. There's bound to be trouble.
    Mike J.

3. cologne is in germany!
    £15 to ship to england.........it seems ligit, the seller has A LOT of praise!
    even if it was brought for £100 (bargain), the comeback the buyer could get from it would be tenfold!

*Si*

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    here in europe we have this popular show called emergenza rock. ernie ball is a sopnsor of this battle of the bands things.

the logo is the same, check this out:
    www.emergenzarock.com

so it couls be a version made for this events...

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i am the king of typos. 7 hours on the train (it's the weekend and im back at home from where i work)can drive me mad!!! sorry.

6. thanks fer verifying that barrosso, i wondered whether it was a real one or not!

in your opinion, if you wanted to buy a MM, would the logo on this bass put you off?

*Si*

7. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    It's not left handed :)

8. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'd but the bass and for sure take that horrid logo away. i don't have any idea on the spec of this stingray but i think that this is only a cosmetic limited edition. maybe it was the prize for the winning band. if i had that bass, i'd stripped down to natural, take a look to the wood grain, if good i'd keep it matural otherwise i'd pain it with a better color that that white. just me...but i don't care id that is a limited edition i don't think that it would ever be considereted very valuable in the future, i am not a collector i am player!

9. i'm guessing its a standard stingray just with a logo. Yeah, i'd strip it back to the natural grain and varnish it!
    i'll wait and see how the bidding goes in a couple of days, then put a couple of hundred on it!
    tnx fer your help guys

*Si*