1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

girl advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassyVick, Dec 23, 2006.

1. BassyVick

BassyVick Banned

Jul 3, 2005
    Canton, OH
    Im really falling for this girl, she has such a great personality

she is comming out to my gig tonight

but I dont really wanna be too forward because "she says were just friends" and "she doesnt know about us yet" heard this through a friend

what do you think I should do , I wanna get her a christmas card what do you think I should put in it? do you think it would be lame?

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Buy her a half of mild. Then see how things go. If you get her a card, don't fill it with sap, just play it cool.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Post about her on the internet.

4. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    If it were me, I'd get her the Xmas card, and let her know that I always have fun when I'm with her - looking forward to getting to know her better next year.

The "she doesn't know about us yet" is something I take as a promising statement. The glass is half full with me. Just try to be you and nobody else, and keep doing what you're doing. Be nice, don't hit her, and when the time is right, tell her how beautiful she is (and mean it).

5. ask her if the rag smells like chloroform

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Every time you see her, be sure to compliment her on something nice about her clothes or hair. Even if she just got a dumb haircut, ask her "did you get a haircut?" If she's wearing anything you haven't seen before- earrings, shoes, whatever- notice that, and let her know you notice, and turn it into a compliment whenever possible.

Assuming she responds well to that, eventually she'll start asking you questions about yourself- what you like, what your family is like- and then you're basically in!

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man

This line is the boy. It indicates you're after more than roll. Mind you, only use it if your intentions are to have a relationship, don't sully such a line of pure intent and integrity as a means of acquiring said roll, as that would only serve to cheapen it.

8. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    +1. What's really great though, is if you don't have to make the compliments up (not that bongo was implying that). If you really like her earrings, and you tell her, it makes you feel as good as it does her.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Niiiiiccceeeeeeee. That made me laugh audibly! :D

Play it cool, thank her for showing up. Throw out a couple compliments, but that is all. You don't want her to feel like she is the most important thing at the gig. Sure, girls like to feel that way, but she'll also go home knowing she has you around her finger.

After the pleasantries, get back to getting ready for the gig or whatever you are doing gig related.

-Mike

10. During your gig, just stop halfway through a song, and ask if she will go out with you or not. That's what one of my friend did during battle of the bands. It was funny.
    Also, if she says no, it'll be very awkward.
    Or, if you don't want to ask her out, just be like "look at that girl right there! Isn't she hot!" and point to the girl you like.

11. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo gone to Longstanton Spice Museum

Feb 8, 2003
    UK
    forget compliments... you're more likely to get somewhere if you playfully tease her like you would your little sister...

don't buy her a christmas card, and don't think there's anything you could write in it that'd make ther drop her pants/fall in love with you.. there isn't... just make her laugh and make her realise that time spent with you is more fun and more intense than any other option available to her... the problem most guys have is they're boooooooring...

my second piece of advice is: don't expect good advice from this board... 90% of the advice you'll get on women on this board is from guys who don't actually get laid

12. Isn't that ironic...

13. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Ask her what level she is and if she wants to go raiding with you. Tell her she can keep all the drops to show her you like her.

Or if you're a lot higher level than she is, tell her you can help her go level and give her some cool armor. Teach her a spell or two if you're a wizard.

14. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    +1

Sell all your basses and gear and buy her a ring.
    Yeah right.

Just be yourself. Period.
    If you're not and things move along, you're gonna be REAL mad when you come back to yourself and find a wrecked world.

15. RareBear

RareBear

Oct 30, 2006
    Go up to her dangling a piece of mistletoe over your head, tell her what it is and pucker up. See what she does.

16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    OK. At your gig, look right at her, and when you catch her eye, lick your eyebrows. After that, it's really not going to matter much what you say in the Christmas card.

17. Tim Cole

Tim Cole Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    +1
    Nice guys end up being the best friends. Need to make her chase YOU.

18. You're slowly becoming my favorite member on TB.

19. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    There were some stories about having women sit on your bass cab. Maybe you could try that.

20. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    Haha, yeah, TB really isn't the best place to come for girl advice. :p