"Girl Bass Player Club" here!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Tricia, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lady_bassist

lady_bassist

Apr 8, 2007
    Poland
    Hey girls :)
    As for the heavy basses - I still am learning to cope with the weight (the head and neck!) of my TRB 6-string (Japanese 6 II). It plays great but they are very oddly balanced... I think that's a bigger problem than the bass weight itself... but then again,I have 2 more basses to choose from :p
    Nice to meet you ladies!

2. Tricia

Tricia

May 13, 2010
    NH-USA
    :bassist::D

3. denton57

denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Tricia, 9.75lbs is a heavy bass for anyone! Lots of options out there if you like P designs. A 7+ or 8 lb bass makes a big difference. I have had p bass bodies weigh from 4.3 lbs (warmoth) to 7.2lbs (75 fender northern ash). That's just the body! Warmoth bodies on their site include weight of each, which is awesome IMO

4. Tricia

Tricia

May 13, 2010
    NH-USA
    Hi! nice to meet you too! Feel free to post a picture of your bass.

I'm trying to find a good position to stand in to make it easier too.

let me know if you find a position that works.
    I'm also the singer, so I have to focus on the audience too. I know I look like a geek sometimes, trying to get comfortable while playing..:meh:

5. Tricia

Tricia

May 13, 2010
    NH-USA
    yes, good point, I had no clue what kind of bass I like. I'm still figuring out what tone is, lol

but seriously, I bought this bass because it was a deal. When I can afford to, I wouldn't mind getting a couple more basses, different color/ weight, etc.

thanks!:)

6. Here's my Geddy Lee Jazz Bass. Great tone, heavy as hell. Until my schedule changes, I have to have 2 rehersals in the same day. I'm so sore after. But I love this bass. I really don't get sore fingers anymore, but I've been playing for 20 years.

[​IMG]

7. lady_bassist

lady_bassist

Apr 8, 2007
    Poland
    Well then I really envy you, it's sooo difficult to sing and play at the same time...:)I am fine if I have the 6 string higher up on the strap.I thought of doing a little DIY and adding some balance to the bottom part, I saw this thing somewhere..I'll let you know.
    I couldn't find pics of the basses themselves, but me + bass are on my Myspace www.myspace.com/natbmusic
    I use mainly a Yamaha BB2004 and the TRB 6II.

8. Tricia

Tricia

May 13, 2010
    NH-USA
    Beautiful bass, Danielle!

and Natalia, I love your live pictures! You've played out a lot!:)

9. kydnav

kydnav

Jun 24, 2006
    Netherlands
    :ninja:

10. Not sure if you ever heard of her and her two-piece band. Amazing - love it! :)

Give a listen....

11. Try the Planet Wave Dare Strap (Dare is the guy who patented it).

Available on Amazon. Works great! I'm 59 and have a Warwick Corvette $$ 5-er that is around 9.5 lbs. On a single strap I got everything from pain to numb. Dare strap lets me play over an hour and a half without any issues.

12. SamanthaCay

SamanthaCay Like bass guitar OMG!

Nov 16, 2008
    Denver, CO.
    I believe you can say whatever you want and as I would assume you are aware that what you say and do always has a consequence. On that note if I may I would like to ask you if in your comment “I mean ones that where born girls” by girls are you
    A: referring to a biological state of being female,
    B: sociological,
    C: cognitive,
    D: a combination of the past three or
    E: the thought hadn’t crossed your mind when making your comment.
    If you answered E, I would recommend you ether avoid trans people and topics of the like or, and this I think really is best. Do a little research on the topic before posting any comments referring to or about transgendered people. Hell, even if your goal was/is to offend us as much as possible this way would still be best. Oh and if you are interested don’t be afraid to ask questions as it is always better to ask a dumb question then it is to make a dumb comment. Also if you answered E, this little jem from Calpernia Addams may be of interest to you.

If you answered D, please specify.
    If you answered C and/or B, I would suggest joining the Westboro Baptist Church as you might find it a wonderful and exciting new place that will be like love at first sight.
    And last if you answered A, I would suggest moving this thread to off topic and changing the subject matter to that of your menstrual cycle and or any pregnancies you may have had or be interested in having.

Welcome to talkbass.
    Samantha. :)

13. Just goes to show ya how quickly things get... :help:

Oh well, it's time to get back to playing. :)

14. denton57

denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    No kidding. No need to worry about all the serious politically correct crap. Start a girl bass club. IMO real women who play bass. Girls. Ladies. I also think men should refrain from posting at all...me included :)

now ladies, enjoy your club and feel free to discuss. Men, give them some room to talk and DONT post!

:)

15. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Welcome Tricia. I must point out however, you have the same first name as my ex wife. Please change it. Immediately.

16. I just love the girl's that wanna lay the bass player!;)

17. Awesome thread!

I'm not a girl, and I'll stay out of the way after this, but I play Yamaha TRBJP (6 string) and its pretty heavy. I was having major shoulder problems with this thing (pinched nerves and what not) until I got the 4 inch wide leather strap they sell on this website. A little expensive but has been worth every penny for me. Now I can do several hour long gigs standing.

Rock on girls!

18. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Amy and her husband Joe rock. She used to be a Dude Pitter.

19. Tricia

Tricia

May 13, 2010
    NH-USA
    Thanks for the welcome, Sam. My answer would be A. But I was half-joking, so I'm fine that you joined. :) have some fun!:D

also, I have a broken keyboard.. a few letters are not working, "p" is one. sorry everyone!
    new keyboard is on the way.

20. Tricia

Tricia

May 13, 2010
    NH-USA
    That looks nice!:cool: my guitar player has a purple Gibson Goddess, kinda like that!:)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.