"Girl Bass Player Club" here!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Tricia, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerviskegg

gerviskegg

May 23, 2010
    Iceland
    Thanks =)

2. tjmdetroit

tjmdetroit

Jan 27, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    I'm recruiting for ya Tricia...lol

3. gerviskegg

gerviskegg

May 23, 2010
    Iceland
    I don't have a proper picture of my basses but I have a relatively proper picture of my electric bass. It's a bit late for me at the moment to whip it out and take a new one so I might do it tomorrow and take a picture of my upright then aswell =)

But here's a partial picture of my Hohner Marlin thing. It's around 20 years old and I bought it used from my cousin nine years ago. The picture is about three and a half years old.

Bass_I_by_KingOfVomit.jpg

4. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I watched a lot of videos and listened to a lot of audio clips. Keep it up, ladies, you're doing a lot of great stuff.

:bassist:

5. Tricia

Tricia

May 13, 2010
    NH-USA
    Thanks! ;) you'll keep us all corralled in here, so we won't clutter up the man-threads. I know your game. ;) :p

lol

6. Tricia

Tricia

May 13, 2010
    NH-USA
    Thanks Dave. :)

7. Tricia

Tricia

May 13, 2010
    NH-USA
    so cool! looking forward to see more pics and videos!:)

8. Alucard817

Alucard817

May 18, 2010
    Tampa,Fla
    irl im a computer tech, maybe i can help with your computer woes.

9. Thanks guys... We just started playing out a couple of months ago... Slowly we are meeting more and more all girl bands here in Dallas. It's pretty awesome to see other girls doing their thing on bass.

10. rosanne

rosanne

Sep 30, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    How I wish! I"ve got an old IMac "Snowball" at least 6 years old, which I bought refurbished. When Firefox changed over to the new version I tried to update and my computer crashed totally. I had it repaired but I had to stay on the old Firefox version, since this won't handle the new one. So now I can't access Myspace anymore etc etc. I've got OS 10.3.

11. TobyBass55

TobyBass55

Dec 7, 2009
    MI
    I'm enjoying seeing the videos! I don't have any videos to put up. Actually, I'm not even sure what I could even record to show. Well, this motivates me to work something up to tape.

Katie

12. rosanne

rosanne

Sep 30, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Against my better judgment I tried to put up a video today on YouTube but (as happened when I tried to post a picture here on TB) it wouldn't post. Will try again tomorrow.

13. Euphony

Euphony

May 13, 2010
    PA
    I'm curious about how other people got into a band. I'm a rather shy person and don't know a lot of musicians. I would like to be in a band eventually, but I really just want something casual, like a hobby. Something that is fun to do, play some local shows.

I guess you never know what can happen, though.

14. rosanne

rosanne

Sep 30, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    I answered an ad on Craigslist. I told them I was middle aged and they said "that's ok so are we."

I was terrified going into the audition. They hadn't sent me a song list or anything. And it turned out I didn't know even one of the songs. So I asked them to tell me the chords before every song, and just winged it. Had to sing backup on one too! (a Grateful Dead song)

That's the band I'm still with.

15. Tricia

Tricia

May 13, 2010
    NH-USA
    can you post the youtube link?

16. Tricia

Tricia

May 13, 2010
    NH-USA
    If you have rehearsal space, you can run the auditions. Place an ad for each instrument/talent you want. when they call, give them a short song list to learn. and see what happens. Let them know how long you've been playing in the ad.
    you can do it!

17. gerviskegg

gerviskegg

May 23, 2010
    Iceland
    I'm hesitant to post this but here's a video of me trying to do some sort of double bass version of the Black Books theme song XD

I polished it a bit afterwards but didn't videotape that.

18. Tricia

Tricia

May 13, 2010
    NH-USA
    wow! that's cool. I don't even know what a double bass is. :( I thought double bass was for drums! :p I see I have a lot to learn.

That looks tricky. are you taking lessons?

19. gerviskegg

gerviskegg

May 23, 2010
    Iceland
    Yeah, I've been taking lessons since 2007.

20. Tricia

Tricia

May 13, 2010
    NH-USA
    Excellent! Do you play in an orchestra or band sometimes?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 22, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.