Girl Bass Player Club, part 2

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by j-raj, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Morrighan

Morrighan La Contessa Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    OtherLisa and SamanthaCay like this.
  2. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    This thread only ends when we say it ends. But the She Shreds Gear Forum on Facebook is a nice place, too.

Facebook Groups

3. SamanthaCay

SamanthaCay Like bass guitar OMG!

Nov 16, 2008
    Denver, CO.
    Ahhhh how have I not heard of this till today! Anyway went over there and sent a request.

@P7Michelle4st male entitlement gets old in pretty much all circles of life, best we can do is fight for equality when possible and as well our own spaces. As amper mentioned definitely check out she shreds if ya haven't, they're not just a fb group they're also a rad publication and community.

4. Inara

Inara Fierce Fun Fretless Female Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Seattle, WA USA
    Thanks for that! I sent a join request just now ... wasn't aware of the group.

OtherLisa and amper like this.
  5. P7Michelle4st

P7Michelle4st

Jul 19, 2013
    Cool! Thanks

OtherLisa likes this.
  6. P7Michelle4st

P7Michelle4st

Jul 19, 2013
    Membership pending :)

Morrighan and OtherLisa like this.
  7. I am always happy to chat! And as @Morrighan said, the mediocre bassist club is a really friendly place, even with dudes. :D

Morrighan likes this.
  8. P7Michelle4st

P7Michelle4st

Jul 19, 2013
    I'm gonna move off "boyTalk sometimes about Bass" and on to the facebook group.

9. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    This space is as friendly as we choose to make it.

Looked at the FB group description and appears a good space. That it's on FB tips the scales back this way for me. What I find is TB is far more civil than one might expect of virtual space — especially so in the light of high emotions that any discussion may trigger. That people get quite excited about bass minutiae is also a feature of access to great depths of knowledge and experience.

And I like to chat, too. And I really, really like La Bella Low Tension flats on my semi-hollowbody. Today's recording day YaY

OtherLisa and LP Custom like this.
  10. P7Michelle4st

P7Michelle4st

Jul 19, 2013
    "La Bella Low Tension flats on my semi-hollow body."
    I feel ya.
    I have a set of La Bella "Deep Talkin" flats I've been saving for the day when I can finally get my hands on a Guild Starfire.

OtherLisa and Morrighan like this.
  11. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere

A Guild Starfire is 100 percent my next bass :cool:
    waiting on my Lake Placid Blue Acononyx

OtherLisa likes this.
  12. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    My next will almost certainly be a Warmoth Deluxe 5J, their version of the 1998-2009 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass V. It's the last version of my first bass, which was a 1992 Fender Jazz Bass Plus V Ash.

CC9385BF-9739-473E-8DBE-C6FC0C542DC3.jpeg

But I want this color scheme (Sandberg California TT5):

074F99D1-F87F-4EB4-A27E-52D6D97ED47D.jpeg

P7Michelle4st, TRNSGRL and OtherLisa like this.
  13. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    Just so you know, the group has not had any incidents, largely because there are no cis men in the group. Everyone there is a woman or non-binary person. We are all very supportive of each other, and the age range runs the whole gamut.

P7Michelle4st, Inara and OtherLisa like this.
  14. Hello. Just found this thread and would like to ad that not all male bassists are sexists (myself included) and find female bassists to be anything less than musicians trying to be the best bassists they can be. We support you in this and see no reason to discourage you in our shared musical endeavor. Take care and keep up the great work.

P7Michelle4st likes this.
  15. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Yes, this is a good space.

OtherLisa and P7Michelle4st like this.
  16. Those are some pretty basses.

I am very much tempted by the Acinonyx, though of course I haven't actually seen one other than in photos. I'd also really like to get a nice Jazz bass that does not weigh as much as the one I have (a mid-70s beast, though very cool!). For now I mostly play a somewhat modified Mustang PJ, which is finally starting to feel like "mine."

I don't know how all of you have occupied yourselves during the last year. I finally decided to learn some home recording. It's been extremely satisfying!

P7Michelle4st and Morrighan like this.
  17. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Absolutely beautiful basses!

Home recording made it to the top of my list too, here in the Time of The Thing That's Still Going Around. It began innocently enough with a need to record and upload videos for our Music Theory for the Bass Player cohort.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    OtherLisa likes this.
  18. Want one.

Morrighan likes this.
  19. SamanthaCay

SamanthaCay Like bass guitar OMG!

Nov 16, 2008
    Denver, CO.
    @P7Michelle4st @amper I requested to join the she shreds gear group but it's been several days, are they just busy over there and I should be more patient or did I fall through the cracks or something? No sweat if either of you have no idea, I may have a fb friend or two I can ask.

OtherLisa and P7Michelle4st like this.
  20. P7Michelle4st

P7Michelle4st

Jul 19, 2013
    I'm still waiting too. I'll give it a week or so and if there is still no response I'll assume it's no longer monitored.
    Maybe we should start a fresh thread here??

OtherLisa and Morrighan like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021