Girl Bassist

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by zavala, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zavala

Mar 6, 2003
    just recently i noticed this girl at my school that plays bass. now don't get me wrong she's hot. but her playing bass just makes her glow red hot. am i the only one that thinks this way?
  2. MOUNT THAT **** MAN!!~!! lol im just kidding. Yeah, girl bass players always look way hott. I just wish that would be the same for guys ^_^
  3. ashtray9

Aug 1, 2002
    Tempe Arizona
    Dude... I am dying to meet a girl I can talk about bass with. Gor for it, man! Go for it!
  4. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Pardon me if this sounds a bit "old guy", but, why is this in Basses?
  5. zavala

Mar 6, 2003
    you wanna know what the kick is? she plays a washburn 5-string, she has the guts to play a five string. yeah she's hot.
  6. lets see a pic. Does she dig you man??~??
  7. Albemuth

Jan 13, 2002
    My exgirlfriend began learning bass a couple of months after we broke up....thats been killing me ever since...
  8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    girl +bass = Heaven

9. I have yet to see a girl playing bass who wasn't hot. According to a lot of females I know it works the other way too. :D
  10. JAHOYFT (Just Ask Her Out You ******* Tool) ;)
  11. Hey moderators! Should'nt this be in miscellaneous, apart from the fact that these pubescent lads need to get a life?
  12. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I know 2 girls who play bass... One is a lesbian, the other likes to talk about how great she is on bass.. but in fact is one of the poorest bassists I've ever met.. :(... So chicks playing bass aren't always that great
  13. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  14. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Ive noticed that one too...A lot!

Only the other day I emailed someone from a website that organises gigs n a town 20 miles from here, asking if she knew any drummers. She replied saying 'No i dont, but I'm a kick ass lead guitarist and bassist if you need one' I emailed her back saying thanks but no thanks as im the lowend (didnt show the rest of the band the offer, could be risky ;) ) then she got back to me asking about how long I'd been playing etc.

She then stated that shed been playing guitar and bass a year, and was 'awesome'. Then, she told me to check out some marilyn manson and slayer, and how she could play their tunes that 'wernt easy'.

I didnt reply, and havn't heard form her since :p

Ego shmego!

15. That'll be the 'kick ass' lead guitarist's ego in her talking....:rolleyes:
  16. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Hahha yeah :p
    Drummers are the worst at ego battles from my experiences, Ive a mate who will ALWAYS say that a drummer weve just sene was crap and pick his/her set to pieces. Hes always telling me about how good his playing is aswell, ranging from his lightning quick double bass to level 7 grooves from a drum book hes got.

17. NikkiG

NikkiG Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Very strange people.
  18. this is a little bit of a tangent, but a pet peeve of mine with women musicians is when they call themselves "Grrrls" and say they "Rawk"...i even got into a (calm) email debate one time with a grrrl and she was trying to say how it's some kind of punk feminist thing. To me it just makes women sound like goofballs. "I'm a Grrrrrrrrrrrl! And I RAWK!! Look at me!! wheeeeeeeeee!! Don't mess with me, or I'll growl at you!!"
  19. my perfect girl has dreads and plays bass.
  20. Link

Jul 6, 2002
    Latrobe, PA
    yeah, as a female bassist, i'm agreeing with you on this one... i dress border line of 'punk', but that whole "grrr" thing gets annoying... - i've found people respect me more as a musician because i play to play... not the "look at me" factor... --- it pays to be a tom-boy...
    i'll shut up now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.