Girl Bassists

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fruity, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Fruity

Sep 18, 2005
    UK, Scotland
    Whose a girl bassist? I think most of the people on here are guys..
  2. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    Yes i guess you right.
    Welcome to TB !!!!
    Stay around ,We really need to increase the girl bassist amount among our community. :)
  3. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I think we need pics on this thread to show.. Hey, you could be a 12 year old boy for all we know! :ninja:

:cool: :D
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    With a user name like "Fruity", I kinda hope for your sake that you're a girl...
  5. I used to date a girl bassist. Oh the stories I could tell you if this wasn't a family oriented website. I borrowed a G string off her once. It was after we stopped dating, I broke a G string on a gig, she was in the neighborhood, I called, "Hi, what's up... got a G string I can borrow!" Glad we had broken up on good terms.

6. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

I'm not even a bass player anymore, but I come here for my girlfriend who is my bass player! Hopefully someday she'll start participating in this forum too.

Planning on putting up a couple pics when I get a connection that works better than the one I'm on right now. :crying:
  7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    hu hu , g-strings, girls, bass playing, hu hu funny randy.

Almost every girl I've been with has had an interest in the bass guitar. It's kinda weird because it's usually not an overt thing, but like, I'll get to know them and suddenly they'll say "I've had this bass sitting around for years that I absolutely want to learn how to play" or "bass is such a cooler instrument than regular guitar" ...etc. So, while I haven't dated any female bassists exactly, I have met and affiliated myself with quite a number of females that are into the bass guitar.

That aside, I do know a couple of female bassists. One of them schools me quite decisively and I can't help but feel a little wooed(she's hot too!)

But, thing is. There are like 5 females that post here. It's not so much because there are fewer female bassists, it's because it's the internet.
  8. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    you know why so many have them just laying around. because when they get interest in music, people tell them to buy the bass because its "easy to play" and then after a few weeks, they give up because they move on to the next trend.

thats something i have found.
  9. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  10. I even broke a D string on that bass once... for some reason, it would pop strings when I was slapping... I think it was burrs on the bridge, or excessive bend over the saddles, something like that. One of the first G&L's. Beautiful bass, mahogany body, maple neck. Sounded great too, but the neck warped.... had to get another bass... :(

I didn't mean THAT kind of G string. Although I would assume I could pop one of those too if properly motivated. :eek:

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Interestingly enough that has never been the case thus far. All the girls I've dated(with a couple of exceptions) have earnestly had an interest in the bass guitar. I think maybe one or 2 of them picked up the bass partially because I play it and they wanted to have something to share with me(since they already had a bass laying around anyway) but by and large, I've managed to meet and couple with a handful of girls that dig bass. Just how the chips fell I guess.
  12. desivora

Aug 5, 2005
    I'm a girl bassist.
  13. They are out there, you just have to look.

I've met three or four.
  14. *raises hand*

I'm another girl bassist.
    And it has nothing to do with the latest trend. It's 'cause I'm a musician and love bass. (And my tuba). :bassist:
  15. Dream Works

Dream Works

Dec 5, 2003
    I'm a bassist and I pretend to be a girl on the internet. Does that count?

I kid.
  16. barebones

barebones Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Now that's funny.

I thought your typing looked familiar.

17. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    One of my friends plays. Cool jazz stuff, surprising how good she is.
  18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

ya because girls suck at music
  19. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    They say Anna Mozart was even more gifted than her brother Wolfgang Amadeus, but wasn't taken seriously because of her gender.