Girlfriends that still talk to their ex's

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by sublimestylee, Feb 18, 2009.

1. sublimestylee

sublimestylee

Aug 26, 2007
    Seattle, Wa
    How do you guys feel about this? I'm sorta confused since mine is always talking bad about her ex yet she still talks to him. It's starting to irritate me.

2. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Full disclosure, I'm a certified Fender technician working in a music store that carries Fender, Yamaha, and Ibanez products among others.
    Occasionally chatting, i.e. catching up once a year is a normal thing for people to do.

If she chats regular, I'd tell her to stop or you'll walk. Whether she realizes it or not, she's keeping her options open.

3. klokker

klokker

Jan 7, 2009
    Steele City, NE
    Tell her what you think and feel about the situation and see what she says. And figure out why what she is doing is irritating you.

Nothing wrong with talking to an ex-boyfriend though, if you ask me.

4. Talking smack about ex+excessive talking to said ex=does it smell like two-facedness in here?

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    as chris rock used to say:

"d### in a bottle, in case of emergency, break glass"

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Bam. +1.

7. why did you block out duck?:meh:

8. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    If she's friends with him, no problem. I still talk to my ex's too.

If she keeps saying bad stuff about him and yet she's still talking to him, it spells trouble.

9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i see what you did there..

10. sublimestylee

sublimestylee

Aug 26, 2007
    Seattle, Wa
    Thanks for the opinions guys. we've had chats about it. And she knows I don't like her talking to him. Since apperently he didn't treat her right and the fact her ex was very jelous when we got together and was boarderline physcho but has chilled out since then. I think I might just need to move on.

11. sackvegas

sackvegas

Dec 1, 2006
    She's still banging him, oh well at least she has someone to cry to about it

i.e. you

12. I still live with an ex, and will continue doing so. We're great friends, and a booty call is never too far.

13. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    see, i cant agree in saying that you are allowed to tell her who she can and cant talk to...

14. how about girls with no lives that always want to keep contact with their ex's even tho they're engaged?:eyebrow:

15. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    I dealt with this early on in my relationship. I wouldn't get into a serious relationship with a girl who still feels the need to be friends with an ex. I was up front and very adamant about it with my current significant other. It's awkward, unnecessary, and inconsiderate unless they both have children together. No, I don't want to share any part of my relationship with a weirdo who has so few friends he can't respectfully go his separate way after a long period of time.

My advice would be to communicate and let her know where you stand right away. If it bothers you that much, that is...

16. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    ...and if you possibly needed any more inspiration to cut off that cracked out friendship...

17. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    why don't you just man up and start talking to other women? If she has a problem, then you've got an argument.

18. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Terrence%2Band%2BPhillip.gif

:bag:

19. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    I think it's perfectly reasonable to talk to an ex while in a relationship as long as you're honest about it, but if she's talking to the guy and talking badly about him to you than you can pretty much gaurantee she still has a thing for him.

20. Funny thing is, when we hang out, people assume we are siblings, because we are so chummy, or that she is a lesbian.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021