1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Girls that can't think for themselves

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RyRob813, Aug 24, 2007.

1. RyRob813

RyRob813

Jun 7, 2007
    St. Paul, MN
    I've been seeing alot of things recently that made me think of this:

It seems to me that a high percentage of today's young women have no self respect anymore, and can't think for themselves. I was watching VH1, and this commercial for the new Flavor of Love 3 came on, (I can assume someone's seen it also,) and he's showing these videos of the girls saying why they should be on the show and why he should date them. At least 3 of these girls when answering the question about why Flav should date them said something about their chest of behind. Now I realize they know Flav's gonna go for that, but hoenstly, have you so little self respect that all you can say about yourself is your physical features, sexual ones at that?!

And in addition to that, when my mind got rolling on this whole thing, I remember a few years ago I thought my ex-girlfriend had so much in common with me and was into the same things I was. Well interestlingly enough as soon as we broke up she became just as soul-matish with her new boyfriend. And I've known several girls like this. They base whatever music they liike, clothes they wear, and people they hang out with on what guy they're dating. LUDICRIS!!!!

I know there's alot more guys than girls on tb, but if there are any girls reading this that can think for themselves and have a little self respect, please let me know so I know there's some hope for the female gender!!!!

2. If you base what you see on reality TV to all humanity, we're all shallow stupid stupid people :)

3. louieeadg

louieeadg uncle petey?

Jun 13, 2007
    outer banks, nc
    Yeah...watching too much TV, "reality" tv at that, will do nothing but just piss you off.

There are plenty of intelligent females out there that aren't shallow imitations of the guys they're dating or their favorite celebrity...its just a matter of finding them! And even then, when you do find them its a matter of getting them away from the douche they're with. Its either that or dealing with some sort of psyche trauma they've gone through all their lives for not being bimbos...

4. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    There are plenty of women who think for themselves. The problem is that most guys may find them unattractive, or not see them because they aren't dressed like or made up like the girls on TV, movies or mags.

I'd say on the whole that our culture is very much involved with conformity. If you fit the norm then that is a good thing.

5. have you not any respect for yourself mate?

6. vinny

vinny

Apr 3, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV.
    BTW, it's ludicrous. Just in case you were thinking of letting someone else do your spelling for you, make sure they're right.:D

7. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    When I married my wife:

She was democatic, I was a republican
    She was pro choice, I was pro life
    She wasn't religious, I was religious.

You have to be who you are. I even encouraged her to go to the local democratic office and speak to them, where I had to hear all thier nonsense about the environment. This was ata the same time I was clearing my dad's lakefront property. Ever seen a 100 ft flame made by a 30 foot high brush pile?

8. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Anything you see on "reality" TV or related programming is guaranteed to show strange, deviant behavior. There's something wrong with those people if they WANT to be on those programs. Ignore them, stop watching those idiotic programs, and keep company with real humans that have some sense.

9. Judging from a good chunk of college girls and the girls I went to high school with...

This is actually a pretty good representation of the current population. However, it really is just as bad in the guys.

10. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    +1. LOL. Looks like VH1 and MTV influenced your spelling of ludicrous too. So are you any better than the ladies?:eyebrow:

The point is this. Instead of sitting around watching this crap, use this knowledge against them and get laid, man. Go forth and get laid. :D