Girls That Don't Wear MakeUp

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Steph Dawe, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your thoughts? Just curious.
  2. Gotta love 'em. I think a lot of girls don't realize that they are better off putting on less makeup than more makeup. What are they trying to hide, anyway? Not that a little makeup is bad, but I don't think I'm the only one who avoids girls with a painted-on face.
  3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    My girlfriend of over a year has never worn it in her life. Doesn't need to.
  4. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I love cute/pretty girls who really don't need makeup.

My g/f usually wears mascarra (sp?) and that's about it. I do love it though when she goes a bit girly and puts on the makeup etc.. Definently not over the top stuff though.
  5. Nearly every person I see wearing make-up looks worse than if they would have just left it off.
  6. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Much respect to them.
  7. snapple

Nov 25, 2003
    Victoria-Vancouver Canada
    Endorsing Artist: PCL Vintage Amps
    what about boys in makeup? :bag:

I think that some makeup is good... like mascara or a light lipstick but when it comes time to use homer's makeup gun just say no girlies. it looks trashy.
  8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    My girl (10+ years together) has not worn any make up in the time we've been together and only a couple times ever in her life (to please her mother and grandmother). She does wear nail polish if we go out fancy (she's got nicer nails than most women that get them done weekly)

makeup = fake

in my eyes at least.
  9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Steph - it's a waste of time asking this question to a bunch of young guys - they won't even know if girls are wearing makeup or not - the only experience they will have is their mothers and won't realise that makeup can be very subtly applied but still make a huge difference - they are the ones who are so easily fooled - they are the targets!! ;)

I remember the sister of one of my girlfriends was very pale, slim and blonde - she never went out anywhere without makeup and looked quite attractive - she would always get chatted up and young blokes would comment to me how natural she looked .....:p But I had seen her in the mornings at my girfriend's house with no makup and she was like a ghost - looked really unwell without it!!
  10. I like it.
    My girlfriend wears makeup pretty much every day and it's annoying, I tell her to lighten up with the cosmetics but she likes it.
    A good friend of mine (female, not dating) only wears makeup on special occassions or big social events, and honestly I prefer her without it.
    Usually, I prefer a girl who's confident and pretty enough to go all natural.
    It depends on the girl, ya know? Like Bruce said, makeup can be a good thing.

Holy crap man. I don't know why, but that made me laugh till I cried. I love that episode.
  11. Don't assume that all young guys are so ignorant. Pale and ghostly is totally hot, donchaknow.
  12. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    There are the lucky few that look great without it. I like it done right. I'm talking a touch for highlights.
    When they use a putty knife to put it on and a chipping hammer to take it off, that puts me off. Tammy Fae Baker style you know.
    The completely plucked and drawn on eyebrow I never found attactive, and raccoon eye makeup is a little much.
  13. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Hmmm some is ok, but i cant stand when girls go over the top! It feels like you are talking to a blowup doll. To me its either some make up or no make up, anything more then some is too much.
    Guys on other hand... HOT in make up!
  14. RD

Jun 17, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I like a little make-up on women, despite the fact that I hated the idea that my mother always felt that she had to put "her face on" before she went anywhere. Sexism was like wall paper when I was young.
    I hate make-up on guys like the Green Day guitarist/singer. The old school sexist in me I guess. More power to women who are free of the make-up thing.
  15. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    PS i put makeup on my face.... any one got a problem with that?

I miss having a beard... now that i am shaved and all:(
  16. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    My wife rarely wears more than just lipstick. So I've gotten used to the minimal look from her. But for major family events, like the weddings of my nieces this past December and January, she feels 'pressured' to do the whole 'East Texas Womans Look'.

It looks really wrong to me. I though I was the only one to feel that way, and like a good husband, I was keeping my yap shut. I knew she didn't pick that look because she liked it. She was humoring her family.

But after we met up, and I gave her my daughter to go get 'fiixed up', my son waited till she drove away and said "What Saigon whore attacked her with a paintbrush?"

So it's not just me.
  17. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

that was too freaken good... thanks man! really made me laugh
  18. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I'm a fan of just a little - eye makeup. I'd rather see a natural face.
  19. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I don't like "painted" women, but sometimes, a little bit of makeup on the right spots can really make a woman shine!
  20. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    but this is pale and ghostly... for an english person! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.