1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Give me a hand at naming this bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DumbChild, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Well ive been searching online for months trying to find the name of this guys bass. Out of pure curiosity lol. I figured you guys could offer me a hand as ive learnt that most of you are great at this kinda stuff. Ive come to the conclusion that it is some kind of regular ESP brand bass guitar. Its body is regular looking and it has 5 strings, but thats about all i know. I was wondering what kind of model it is, or if it is infact not even an ESP. Please help me satisfy my curiosity. Its killing me...

MoidixMois-_LIVE_Dixinfernal-Scarso.

Kazunokfajsdf.

mmm the pictures are just screenshots of the dvd so they are very poor:p sorry.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    That's a guy?

3. Lol hahahahaha yes thats a guy, lol. haha i look more like a chick then he does, but yea thats a guy lol. I kinda expected that :D

4. flatwoundfender

flatwoundfender

Feb 24, 2005
    that's human?

5. LOL , yes hes human, yes hes a he. But what type of bass is that ><

6. flatwoundfender

flatwoundfender

Feb 24, 2005
    a sad one? maybe that's why it's wearing all black.

7. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    What leads you to think that it's an ESP? Everything about that Bass screams Fender knock-off to me, the body, the headstock, the position of the headstock logo (although you can't read it. The only ESP currently in production that looks slightly Fender-esque is the Surveyor, but that only comes in a 4 string and the headstock looks different:

[​IMG]

8. The image itself didnt scream ESP! It was actually the fact that the band or similar bands have only played ESP guitars since 1997, but yea i dunno everyone else has ESP guitars for sure, no1 ever said anything bout this one.

9. I think hes actually wearing all black because he was paid to do so.

He actually gets in trouble from the band leader for smiling on camera. But no hes not a sad person

10. flatwoundfender

flatwoundfender

Feb 24, 2005
    are you his psychologist?
    The bass looks like a fender knock off, or maybe one of those weird fenders from the early 90's.

11. Hmmm i think ive just found a break through, give me a min to investigate this video lol, ill post finding in a tick. I think u guys were right bout it being a cheap fender rip off though. In the newed videos he surely has an ESP but it was hard to notice cause he got pushed to the back..

Some more helpful information bout him. His band leader wont let him smile or laugh on camera, his band leader doesnt speak in public, therefore wispers what he wants to say in either his or the vocalists ear. I am not a pychologist im a high school drop out.

12. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    who is that?

13. Not someone anyone sane would know, his name is Kazuno.

I still cant name his first bass, the other one is 5 string ESP but keep the ideas on the one in the picture coming.

14. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Looks like someone got ahold of a Christian Death disk and maybe one by Death In June and decided it was time for a makeover.

Everyone knows that real goths look like this:

Drazor.

15. Yea he bought an ESP a little later, still hell curious what his original bass was though

MoiDIxMOisdfsfa.

16. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    My first guess was something along the lines of Aerodyne, but I know thats wrong.

17. esp does have a custom shop...maybe its a custom surveyor?

18. Maybe it is. Im gonna look into that aswell lol, im not sleeping till i know.

19. Yea ive come to the conclusion that it is a custom surveyor. Thank goodness:p thanks alot

20. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Moved to basses, where maybe it'll get more responses.