Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Give me ideas to help my band please

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    I need ideas to get exposure to my band...i am the oldest one and i am 15 so we can't even do club stuff...so i need ideas...please help...if it helps we are right near Philly...

bp13

2. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Im in philly and have very tiny connections. what kinda music do you play?

3. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    we play mostly punk stuff....a cuple slower songs...but mostly punk

bp13

4. I don't know about making money, but maybe you could try playing at friends' parties or whatever, or maybe at school for some event if they need that kind of thing. At least you'd get to play for people, which is fun.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Write a buch of songs worshipping me, The Woodchuck! It won't help your band, but I'd be pleased! :p

6. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Yeah, play parties... You can also throw parties, where you will be the live entertainment.

After your school friends know what you can do, you may be able to start throwing parties with cover charges. Then you can make a bit of money.

Good luck.

7. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ

we already do that;) :D

but yea the party idea is good...and i kno a guy from this other band in Maryland that sed we could possibly open for them on some nights if they come up here...

bp13