1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Give me your opinions of my new Band!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by trev5269, Mar 25, 2009.

1. trev5269

trev5269

Dec 2, 2007
  2. Dr Funk

Dr Funk "If you ain't appearing then you be disappearing" Gold Supporting Member

Practice, practice, practice. :cool:

3. milothefultz

milothefultz

Nov 29, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Interesting mix of styles, definitely hear some Beatles in there. You have the jam band sound, man, and it sounds like you've got the jamming thing together! Just work on your communication and your dynamics to achieve a reputation for your jamminess.

Next time, you should tune your guitars though. And Dr. Funk is right.

4. trev5269

trev5269

Dec 2, 2007
    yeah we definitely need to round off the edges, they are quite rough, but I feel that we've got the jamming part down, if only we could pull our **** together enough to nail transitions and composition ;x . oh and, with 2 gui****s tuning can be tough ;]

5. milothefultz

milothefultz

Nov 29, 2008
    Portland, OR
    It's just practice, mang. Also, if you can get into any school jazz band, your jamming will become AMAZING. Best thing I think I've ever done was Jazz band.

6. trev5269

trev5269

Dec 2, 2007
    any other opinions??!! please!!

7. trev5269

trev5269

Dec 2, 2007
    bump!

8. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Garh, gotta tune! Holy cow!

But otherwise it sounds good. I agree with everything that has been said. Sounds like you guys click. Now the hard part begins, making it work in a manner to gig and play for real.

9. Stickk

Stickk

Sep 2, 2008
    Jambi
    There's already a band named Fred...

10. trev5269

trev5269

Dec 2, 2007
    bump

11. trev5269

trev5269

Dec 2, 2007
    bump!!

12. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    The band sounds cool, +1 on tune up or die. You actually have some nice separation of rhythmic parts which is big for a young band. Unfortunately I also have to say +1 to your name is taken. Not only was there a legendary NY jam band called Fred, there is currently an up-and-coming Irish band using the name. Not known much in the states yet, they are already big in the UK and Canada. Sorry to be a pooper.

http://www.fredtheband.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_(band)

13. drudonit

drudonit

Jan 30, 2009
    MI
    www.myspace.com/mikadosaginaw

alt-rock

we're re-recording either in isolated rooms or track for track so it doesnt sound like $hit. We're also possibly adding a second guitarist.

14. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Why not make a new thread of your own, instead of derailing his? :confused:

15. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Not crazy about the singing.

16. drudonit

drudonit

Jan 30, 2009
    MI

ok i will

17. trev5269

trev5269

Dec 2, 2007
    bump!

18. How 'bout Fredrick,Frederico,Freddy,Fredrika,Fredericka,Frederick?That is if you are dead-set on the Fred thing.

19. trev5269

trev5269

Dec 2, 2007
    bump, any more opinions on the musical aspect of the instrumentals?,... dont worry bout the vocals

20. Sound good man. I like funky munky, cool groove in the beginning. :cool: