Give these strings a try

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Adrian Cho, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Adrian Cho

Adrian Cho Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
  2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    They'd be real nice if you had a big ole Buck Owens bass to go with them.

3. ctxbass

ctxbass Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Central Texas
  4. I have experienced these first hand on a very cheap Mexican bass several years ago that was for sale at a local guitar shop. My recollection was that they produced very little tone and were like wet noodles.

5. olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    For the benefit of all, it says on the packaging of these Prado strings: nylon wound silk core manufactured with the best foreign material, in multicolor (for July 4th or Bastille day ;) ), black, white, blue or green.

... the bass guy from Los(s) Karnales that sell them seems to be playing Prado strings of the black flavor. Maybe those are good "fake gut" strings ?
  6. Alexi David

Alexi David

May 15, 2003
    I like it when it says "Not Sure about Arco playing. " haha. Could you picture Eugene Levinson sportin' these in Lincoln Center? :D
  7. Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    I once had an old bass that had strings like that on it when I got it. They were all white though. They were round wound and plastic sounding. No sustain, or much tone acousticly. Amplified they went boom and that's about it. I think the mariachi players use them on those mexican uprights.