Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Give Up The Love (Peavey Love That Is)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Mar 19, 2006.

1. cmon, you know you love peavey gear....show all that peavey goodness, everybody, cmon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2 mark 3's and a 410tx

and this jbl quad gets paired with it too
    [​IMG]

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  3. Thrilbilly

Thrilbilly

Mar 19, 2006
    I have had the older Mark III (second one down first pic of thread) since 1981 and must say it is amazing. I have played 3 or 4 times a month with no backup for 25 years. The sound did get fuzzy one night and the next day opened it up and found the fuse holder had broken. Soldiered the fuses in solid and it has never missed as beat since. I use a 18/210 cab under it.

4. Opas

Opas

Aug 1, 2004
    Harrisburg, PA
    I love the old 2X15 BW cabs. I've been searching for another one for quite awhile.

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Peavey is a conundrum. They make some really sweet gear (Like the Cirrus), and some of the worst crap ever made (see the Combo 300).

6. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    Here's my baby. I'm currently looking for the cab to back it up. I'm looking Peavey for the cab too, but I'm not sure I can find what I want in Peavey. Hopefully. :hyper:

Attached Files:

7. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Smallest rig item in the pic. Peavey DPC-1400X. I rack space, 14.5 pounds, 1400 watts @ 4 ohms bridges, or 2 x 700 watts @ 2 ohms. Great specs and it lives up to them. Been pounding it out ever since probably late '98.

[​IMG]

8. yus, i bet i have the tallest peavey rig :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ace thread :D (all i need is a peavey 810 and classic 400!)

- Will

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I got a Peavey Mark VI around here somewhere...

10. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    Oh yeah. My primary bass is also a Peavey.

11. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    This picture is a few years old, but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

This one is just recently.

[​IMG]

TD

12. woooooo 410tx cabinets:hyper:

the guy i bought mine off took the badge off...im trying to get a replacement or two:D

13. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Yup - Peavey fan here... No pics available, but I have:

MarkVIII head
    410 TXF cab
    115 BW loaded
    Combo 300

- georgestrings

14. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

I think we might have talked about this before, but I actually like my Combo 300 - the 1st one I had was a real workhorse, and this current one is decent..

15. No pics yet, but I just obtained an 1820 and 2 15" Peavey monitors, and I have an 80's era XR600C powered mixer that I love.:D
    C7

16. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Gotta love Peavey!! I still have my Basic 60 combo that I've had for around 15 years...and it still performs flawlessly.

Guitarist uses two Butcher heads.....those things eat Marshall's for snacks!

17. Jimmy P.

Jimmy P.

Apr 5, 2005
    Tokyo, Japan
    Don't have a digital camera but I am proud owner of:

Mark VI XP Series

I have re-covered it in Teal Blue to match the colour stripes on the front panel -- as soon as I get a camera I'll show it to ya' all!

18. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    It could be that I had a particularly bad one, and I had no problem at all with reliability, but it just sounded so darned bad, and was designed SOOO poorly. There is no way they could have made an amplifier any harder to move around.
    In the positive column, you have to love the Microbass. If there is a better sounding very low dollar practice amp, I don't know what it is!