Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Give Your Input On The Ibanez SR490

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by supernaut_1, Mar 4, 2003.

1. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    Texas
  2. kap'n kro

kap'n kro

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    SR490 actually is on the Ibanez website, nice description too, I'm looking to get this bass actually. Anybody else try one or have any thoughts on the 490?

3. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Dude, I don't see the SR480 on there, lolz. I have the Ibanez SR3005 Prestige, and man, its the ****. I love the SoundGears thin ass necks, they are quick as hell, and sound awsome. These things are pretty built too (SoungearS), great for live ****, and great period, highly reccomended man... _-soto-_

4. SoLoW

SoLoW

May 6, 2003
    Texas
    I had a SR485 (which is now discontinued) and I didn't like it besides the looks. If I were you I would go and try out the SR490, and make sure you hook her up to an amp cause the pickups on mine sucked. I think they were called DX5's. Anyways, try to find one somewhere and play it.

5. VantheRic4001

VantheRic4001

Dec 17, 2009
    i just got one for about 300$ used!!!... the action is nice and smooth and the tone is nice and clear ( i like it for them smooth chords) ... i just got it today though!! so i only got to play with it at the store but i tried it through a big nasty GK they had there it was amazing... cant wait till xmas, itll be mine muahahaha!! i recommend it... ive read mostly all good reviews.. if you can find it cheap then buy it!