Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

*Gives Paul a big sloppy wet smooch!*

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gabu, Aug 31, 2001.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I have learned so much here. It has really improved my experience as a musician. I just had a awesome practice and I am feeling great about the things I have learned ... many right here.

Thanks a bunch!

Also, I thank the all the users for all of their valuable insight and special thanks to moderators for helping to heard all of us in a generally productive direction.

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    you try to kiss me, and i'll slap ya upside that bald head a'yours. :mad: :p

:D

i'm saving myself for jazzbo

:eek:

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    LOL - what Jazzbo doesn't know won't hurt him... so *wink* *wink* :eek:

4. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Ahh... you are saving yourself until the wedding day with him I assume? ;)

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    shh...my fiance will hear.

actually, jb's the one that keeps pm'ing me with those pictures :eek: but i like to give him a tread every now and then ;)

this is getting gross. :p

6. You freaks.

I've learned stuff here too. Thanks guys. :)

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Frankly, I worry about some of the stuff that I have learned here.:p

But I've learned some good things too.

8. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    you tripple timing bastard!!! and you told me I was the only one (other than your wife) :D

9. Learnt things??? Phhft I am disapointed in the fact that the Illuminati was uncovered, you people think Watergate was bad, watergate was our staff room uncovered...

Oh well you can't shoot me either... lolol

Yes TB is very informative.. back to my camel combing...???

:rolleyes:

:D:D

Merls

10. Some of this innuendo is starting to make me feel...well...a little...[​IMG]

Oh, sorry about that.

11. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    What do you mean triple?? After all, talkbass is one big party that goes nonstop night and day... how many members does it have? ;)

Yesterday I played a bass solo on the fly. I have never done that before. Myung probably wouldn't be impressed by it. :D But it was really cool to me. Part of what you get from this site is not knowlege, but rather the mindset to continue, break new ground, expand... It is from being plugged into a system that is all bass... it just does something to your head and motivates you.

12. The secret talkbass love Pentagon, it's like watching a bad talkshow.

13. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Being part of a group of people that want you to be creative is a HUGE asset. The constant drive to improve, and break new ground as you said, is the single most important factor in improving as a musician as well as a bass player. There are so many here that help keep that spark alive. All of you who helped my attitude when I felt I was stagnating, DURRL for the upright inspiration (my fingertips still hurt, tho not as bad), Gabu for reminding me that the space in funk is as important as the notes.....

you guys freakin' rock! :cool: