Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Giving Away a New Bass ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by traktor, May 19, 2002.

1. traktor

traktor

Jul 22, 2001
    Weed, California
    U.S. Manager for Mobius Megatar Touch-Style Basses
    The company I work for, Mobius Megatar, is giving away a new tapping instrument. You don't have to buy anything, and it's pretty easy to enter.

You can get up to eight chances to win. If interested, the Mobius website has the details and an online entry form.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the touch-style method of playing bass or guitar, there's an online history about how touch-style developed, and also a method book online showing how to play touch-style (either on a specialty instrument or on any 6-8 string bass).

Hope some of you find this of interest!

2. i wanna free bass!!!!!! i wanna free bass!!!!!

where do i enter? :confused:

o well with my luck i wont win it..

3. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    /me enters

Of course, I have no idea how to play such an instrument, nor have I ever won a contest in my life.

4. traktor

traktor

Jul 22, 2001
    Weed, California
    For Rocking 4 Life --

You can enter on the Mobius website, here --

Mobius Megatar Website

For BillyBishop --

The instrument may look odd, but it is surprisingly easy to play. You'll find a method book online here --

TouchStyle Method Book

I love to play this kind of instrument, and if I can do it, pretty much anybody can do it. The bass strings are tuned just like any 6-string bass, and it doesn't take long for your right hand to learn to fret the strings, because your left hand has already trained your head, and your right hand is (luckily) wired to the same head! I may joke, but it's pretty easy to play.

-- Traktor

5. bass2020

bass2020

Aug 27, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    Isn't this against forum rules?

6. traktor

traktor

Jul 22, 2001
    Weed, California
    I don't think it's against the rules. I read them before posting. The preceding post is about the company for whom I work, but it's not a sales presentation. It seemed like the bass forum would be interested in a drawing for a free bass, and in a free method book.

If I've made an error, I assume that the moderator will tell me.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't believe that this is against Forum rules. If you guys want to win a Megatar, go register.

Now if Traktor came in here and started pushing his product real hard, then it would be a problem. The only thing even questionable is that he started the thread, instead of mentioning his product in a thread someone else had started about touch style instruments.

8. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    well as i see it he plays bass, so its not like he is just registering to sell his stuff. and he is giving us a chance to win a bass, who doesnt want more bass :D
    later
    Lukas

9. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Well of course all contests are really forms of promotion . . . :)

10. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Well... I don't think anyone here is against the chance of getting a free instrument...

"I'm anyone's man for a free bass"
    (quote from Paul McCartney)

For what I'm concerned, I'm (naively) expecting for a MTD or Sadowsky give away... :D ;)

All the best,

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Where do I register for those?:D