Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Giving Blood Today

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Prime Mover, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Nashville is at an all time low due to white substance found in their blood supply. I encourage any or all of you who live in or near Nashville to go to OpryMills and Donate. 105.9 is sponsering the event.

I also encourage the rest of TB land to go out and give blood, it save lives, and someday, may save yours.

*Public annoucement is over*

:D

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Donating blood on regular basis also lessens your risk of heart attack by 30% or so. Useful stuff.

3. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    i am absolutely petrified of needles. i stop drop and scream like a frightened little girl upon the site of one. id rather deal with spiders than needles... okay im gonna have nightmares now.

4. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    I may not be giving blood today...MY DAMN CAR WONT START...Gosh Darn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :bawl:

5. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    So am I, however, it is for a good cause, and I always beg one of the helpers to hold my hand...I am such a baby...however, they don't mind helping me out since I am helping them out.

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I have HUGE needle phobia, but I still give blood. I just look the other way.

7. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    YES, MY CAR STARTED!!!!!!

Just in case you all cared :rolleyes: ;)

8. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    My office also sponsors blood drives, however, my last one was two months ago, so I am due...

9. I havent given blood yet, but I will do because I am O Rhesus Negative...which only 7% of the population in the U.K have and it is compatible with ALL blood groups...also I dont have a fear of needles...going to get tattoos soon. :bawl:

10. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Good for you Zebra....:cool:

11. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    I didn't know that Amadeus...why is that?

12. needle phobia. hmmmm. let me tell you about superfreak. my sister. her daughter of course needs to get the shots, the baby shots and the school shots. so okay. no problem. well, she asks me to go with her. did not feel like sitting there alone. well, next thing i know my niece is sitting on MY lap, the nurse and i are holding the baby, doing the hold the arms and legs thing to give the shot. well, there is my sister sitting either near me or across the room just crying and ready to pass out. and her daughter is looking at the needle not doing a thing. not even crying. after all is done, she looks at her mom, moms still bawling, freaking out over the needle, so then she starts to cry. what a riot. now i hate needles with a passion to. and it is hard to receive them or see others get them to. however, my sister was paralyzed when bibs got her shots. to funny. anyway, thank god shots are done and over with for bibs for a few years.:D

13. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Haha! :)

Does she know you're telling stories about her in her absence :D

14. I caaaaaaaaaan't stand needles, it's my only phobia, and it's absolutly horrible. I don't faint, but I do break out in a cold sweat, and my heart beat starts racing and all that. Gah.:(

Oh, and I drink waaaaaay to much to give blood. I'm not proud of that, btw.

15. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Really? I thought she left :confused:

16. I hate needles....but I can stand them for giving blood. I once had to get one of those arm tests done at the allergist...passed right out.

I was going to donate blood last year...but I had a fever, so I couldn't :meh:

Oh, and I'm O Negative too.

17. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Well, I did it...gave blood. It was cool. This time, I didn't pass out, even though I forgot to eat before hand, the girl was very gentle...AND, I received a "Spank Me" Tee shirt...That was cool!

I feel better that I gave back.