1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Giving Seller Feeback When Communication Slow/Incomplete

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by skyline_01, Mar 14, 2019 at 10:11 AM.

1. skyline_01

skyline_01 Endorsing artist, Nordstrand Audio Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Lebanon, OH
    Hi,

So I found a good deal on an octave pedal on R**erb and pulled the trigger early in the morning this past Sunday 3/10. I had not seen any communication by Tuesday morning 3/12 so I sent a friendly message asking for a status update.

This morning 3/14 I finally receive a short message (note: I was literally minutes away from requesting a refund bc I hadn't heard a word up to that point) that states that the package is out and on the way. No method of shipping was given, no tracking info, and the listing was still marked "not yet shipped".

I then sent a friendly return message stating that I appreciated the update but that I had almost requested a refund bc I hadn't heard anything from him. I also asked that he send tracking info and update the listing to read "shipped". This is a seller with a 5-star rating, mind you.

Obviously I'll wait to give a feedback rating until I see that the product arrives undamaged and is in the same cosmetic and mechanical condition as stated in the listing, but I'm a little unsure as to how I should approach the rating. Should I not have mentioned that I almost asked for a refund? Am I off base for assuming that the seller should have touched base with me earlier on, and given tracking info without being prompted? In the end if the product is as described then I guess that's the most important thing, but damn.

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    "The bass was as described but the seller doesn't communicate well. 3 of 5 stars."
    ....or however their ratings work.

skyline_01 and viper4000 like this.
  3. skyline_01

skyline_01 Endorsing artist, Nordstrand Audio Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Lebanon, OH
    Kinda what I was thinking on doing. I just don't want to take things too far and ruin someone's overall rating if they were having a bad week or something, ya know? Sometimes it's hard to give the benefit of the doubt when you're on the bad end though.

4. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    All you can do is wait and see how it comes. I'd probably only knock off one star out of five for the lousy communication.

Personally, I'd overlook it and give five if it arrives promptly and as described

skyline_01 likes this.