Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Giving up the bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Apr 25, 2005.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Yep, I'm giving it up. I'm switching to guitar! It's only for the time being, though. We've got some pretty important dates coming up, and can't get through them with just one guitar player, so I'm bringing in a friend of mine to cover the lows while I have to switch over to the 6-string. Our main lead player is going to be out of town for a few months for work, and our #2 lead player won't be moving here until late June. I've got some major shoes to fill!
    For those interested, I'll be playing a Gibson SG with Lindy Fralin pickups. Pedal board will be an old TS-808, Whammy, Dan-Echo, TC Elec SCF+, Thomas Organ Co. Crybaby, and maybe a Vibutron or Deja-Vibe. Don't know which yet. Amp situation will be a 2x12 combo. Don't know if it'll be a Vox AC30, Mesa Dual Rec, or Budda Superdrive 30. Right now it's looking like the Vox, and I'm trying to really avoid the Boogie, but don't know yet. That Budda is quite nice.
    Just thought I'd share.

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    You poor bastard! Just kidding! Hey where do you gig in Mobile?