Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gizmo Bags (for your amp/head/etc.)!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wilbyman, May 10, 2004.

1. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    My latest find! Just wanted to share.

These are Rok Sak bags which come in a bunch of different sizes...they're designed to accomate odd shaped things like amp heads, small mixers, guitar synths, etc. I bought one because I didn't want to rack my new head, but there isn't a case current made for it. I got an 11x19 gizmo and it fits absolutely perfect! The 13x19 would probably carry most shallow 2-space amp heads.

The 11x19 fits my Studio 220 and a fat Real Book, with some room left over for cables.

They're cheap...about 25.00 a piece...and made better than I thought they would be. Great for anybody lugging a Walter Woods style amp around (read Thunderfunk, etc.) and needing a decent padded bag for it that fits.

Ciao! I'm gigging tonight!

Will

2. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Here's a link to all the sizes MF has in stock. I ordered the 1113 and 1139 and shipping was 5.95 total:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...12116141840851/g=home/search/d=tp?q=gizmo+bag

I don't any of the pictures show the soft velour interior. These things are actually pretty beefy, too, with good padding.

All of the sizes are interior sizes, and they're all 3" deep...though anything as tall as a 2 space rack will fit.

Me is not a gimp for MF or Rok Sak, just thought it was a *find*. I looked all over the place for a bag from this Studio 220, from Pelican bags to laptop bags....and this one is the shiznatch for little money.

Will

3. I have an old Apple laptop bag that I've used for carrying my old 4-track machine, and recently I've used it for cords and pedals on guitar playing gigs (can't stuff that stuff in the back of a Marshall head :mad: )

4. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Reviving an old thread here. :D

Has anyone used one of these for a WW? It looks as though the closest fit is the RS#-1213 which is 12"x13"x3". The Woods is 12"x9"x3". I just wonder if the 3" height would strain the case or zipper too much?

Is everybody still liking these?

5. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    good timing on this thread, thanks Will. My GK1001 is 8.5 deep X 17 wide X 3.5 did you happen to notice any bags that are that shallow? I checked the MF website but no specs were listed on these products.

6. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    The MF site was useless as usual but I think that their price might be a bit better. :meh:

Try here for sizing. http://www.zzounds.com/cat--3338

7. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Thanks Jerry, nailed it.

8. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Nobody has anything to say about the Rok Sak's? :confused:

It seems that they are back ordered and due to ship in several weeks.

9. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Resurrecting an old thread to add my two cents...

I own three of the Rok Sak Gizmo bags - the 13" x 19", the 11" x 19" and the 13" x 16". I use 'em for carrying/storing all kinds of accessories, including an ART BCC, plus multiple cables, power strips & extension cords.

They're rugged, water-repellent, well-padded and good looking. What's not to like?

They are becoming much more difficult to find, however. Music 123 is about the only place I've found that still carries them, and even their inventory is extremely limited... :meh:

MM