1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 1001/212 Extension Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Crazyeelboy, May 11, 2011.

1. I have the GK 1001/212 combo and am looking for another 212 extension cab to go with it. Does anyone know if the Neo 212 II or the the new ultralight 212 cabinets will stack properly with the 1001/212 combo?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It should be easy enough to look those cabs up, and read the dimensions. I'd be more concerned with the overall load, and whether or not either of those cabs will sound good with your combo. (though they probably will)

3. Thanks. The dimensions are easy enough to find - they are not exactly the same, so I'm not sure if the boxes will fit in together well.

As for compatability, I would expect that getting GK extension cabinets would not be a problem for the GK combo. I would have to get the 8 ohm extension cabinet (the internal impedance is 8 ohms and the amp will go down to 4).

4. Hey guys. I see you guys having/had a convo on the GK 212. I'm trying to get a new GK cab. Liking the NEO 212 or the MBE 212. How is the sound? I'm going from a Peavy 210tx cab with GK 1001rb. I'm not really into 15's, but seems like a nice middle ground for that full sound and punch. Give me ur opinion...