1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 1001 rbII

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jwrestler, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Jwrestler

Jwrestler

Oct 25, 2006
    Mass
    Should I get it? Everyone is telling me its a great head. I found a 3 week old one for $500. I need a head by next week because i have a show next sunday. Is it worth it?

Joe

2. momo

momo

Oct 22, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    If you can spring another $100 GC will give you one new for 6. I think that head is a STEAL at 600. The series II version has no reliability issues that I have heard of or experienced, so I say go for it.

3. Embryodead

Embryodead Banned

Nov 30, 2005
    Providence, RI
    excellent amp, you'll find a lot of GK lovers here.

i own the GK1001

4. Jwrestler

Jwrestler

Oct 25, 2006
    Mass
    I have heard nothing but good feedback on this head. So i think i will go for it. I have a gk backline 4x10(i bought it for temp purposes)the new head should be fine with that cab?

5. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I love GK!

Seriously, I honestly thing the GK 1001RB-II is THE best value in bass heads. Pick one up at GC. Gig it. If you're not convinced in 30 days, return it. How can you beat that?

DO IT!!!!!

6. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    It is a great head, I purchased mine new from GC for $589.

7. rumblinbass

rumblinbass

Aug 22, 2003
    Wimberley, TX
    should you get it? YES!!!

8. Jwrestler

Jwrestler

Oct 25, 2006
    Mass
    Really?? Ill have to try and get the price down a bit.

9. Jwrestler

Jwrestler

Oct 25, 2006
    Mass
    Now i know this is a great head!

10. You'd be stupid not to! Fantastic heads, more power than you or anyone would ever need, tone for days....Built like tanks.

Can't go wrong!

11. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    Cash talks, friend! Salesman hate to see your back pocket buldge head out the door

Try this amp! Great head!

12. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Been using various GK heads since 1976. a big thumbs up!

:bassist::D :bassist:

13. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've been using and abusing them for 4 years without a single problem. And will continue to do so.

14. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Great amp and good price. I've used GK for many years and love them. Your Backline cabiner will work with it, but at some point, when you have more spare cash, you'll want to upgrade to one of the GK Artist Series cabinets to get the most out of the 1001. That head is capable of some serious power and GK always seems more powerful than the specifications would suggest. The tone is wonderful.

I doubt you'll ever want to upgrade the GK head. You can pay 3 times that price and not find anything that sounds significantly better.

15. Jwrestler

Jwrestler

Oct 25, 2006
    Mass
    Sweet I cant wait to get it. Yea i am eventuall upgrading my cab sometime soon.

16. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I have a 1001RB and a 1001RBII, get it! :)

17. rumblinbass

rumblinbass

Aug 22, 2003
    Wimberley, TX
    I have been using a 700RB for 4 years and love it! If i could afford to upgrade right now I would.

pyrohr,
    love the screen name...does it mean anything?

18. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    [QUOTE pyrohr,
    love the screen name...does it mean anything?[/QUOTE]
    Yes it does, I work in the fire suppression industry (pyro) and my initials are HR. I used to use pyroharry when I used AOL but I got rid of that garbage long ago!

19. Used one last Sunday (it was part of an unexpected backline provided at a show) and it was fantastic. I touched nothing on the eq (why mess with a soundguy unless I have to?), and my p-bass sounded great. If I was buying a head, it would be my #1 choice.

20. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    I've been using GK since day one!

I'm now the proud owner of a 2001RB. You can't go wrong with GK, unless you prefer the completely different sound of tubes.