Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 1001RB/210 Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Woodboy, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Woodboy

Woodboy

Jun 9, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    I tried out one of these combos today in GC and was pretty impressed! I don't remember the older 1001/210 sounding this good. The speakers have stayed the same, no doubt. I am wondering if the new 1001 amp version is really making the difference, or if I just am hearing the cabinet differently now. It is too bulky & heavy for my tastes, but a 210 RBH cab and 1001 head is a faily light package if they are bought separately.

2. BottomLine

BottomLine

Nov 17, 2002
    Rochester MI
    I just purchased the 1001RB II 2x10 combo a couple weeks ago! It has a larger cabinet than the old one which contributes to a "deeper" sound. It also has substantially more power.

All in all, I am greatly pleased with the combo....it should be more than enough for the smaller gigs.

3. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I myself actually ordered one back in August, three weeks later I settled on the 1001RB 2x10 instead (I needed it right away and could not wait any longer) I also have the 1x15RBH cab to put under it. You have not heard that amps potential until you put another 1x15's or 4x10's under it! I am seriously thinking about reaplacing the head in the combo with the newer version (1001RBII) and use the other as a backup.

4. BottomLine

BottomLine

Nov 17, 2002
    Rochester MI
    Excellent!
    I too am planning on using a Mesa Powerhouse 1x15 extension cab with the 1001 combo. It has 1/4" inputs on it.......does it make any difference if you hook it to the Speakon or 1/4" outputs on the GK?

5. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    You will be just fine with the 1/4 jack. the speakon is only needed if you plan on bi-amping the 2nd cab, being the 2nd cab is not a GK it doesn't matter. I used a 1/4 cable until I was able to get a 4 conductor speakon needed for GK bottoms and it worked fine.