1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK 1001RB/210 Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Woodboy, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Woodboy

Woodboy

Jun 9, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    I tried out one of these combos today in GC and was pretty impressed! I don't remember the older 1001/210 sounding this good. The speakers have stayed the same, no doubt. I am wondering if the new 1001 amp version is really making the difference, or if I just am hearing the cabinet differently now. It is too bulky & heavy for my tastes, but a 210 RBH cab and 1001 head is a faily light package if they are bought separately.

2. BottomLine

BottomLine

Nov 17, 2002
    Rochester MI
    I just purchased the 1001RB II 2x10 combo a couple weeks ago! It has a larger cabinet than the old one which contributes to a "deeper" sound. It also has substantially more power.

All in all, I am greatly pleased with the combo....it should be more than enough for the smaller gigs.

3. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I myself actually ordered one back in August, three weeks later I settled on the 1001RB 2x10 instead (I needed it right away and could not wait any longer) I also have the 1x15RBH cab to put under it. You have not heard that amps potential until you put another 1x15's or 4x10's under it! I am seriously thinking about reaplacing the head in the combo with the newer version (1001RBII) and use the other as a backup.

4. BottomLine

BottomLine

Nov 17, 2002
    Rochester MI
    Excellent!
    I too am planning on using a Mesa Powerhouse 1x15 extension cab with the 1001 combo. It has 1/4" inputs on it.......does it make any difference if you hook it to the Speakon or 1/4" outputs on the GK?

5. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    You will be just fine with the 1/4 jack. the speakon is only needed if you plan on bi-amping the 2nd cab, being the 2nd cab is not a GK it doesn't matter. I used a 1/4 cable until I was able to get a 4 conductor speakon needed for GK bottoms and it worked fine.