1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 1001RB and Neo112, safe?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Invisible_Sun, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Hey,

I'm wondering if it's safe to run a Gk 1001RB through a single Neo112.

Thanks for any responses.

2. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    I wouldnt "crank it" if I were you.

I use a GK MB500 through a single 112-II NEO with no problems. Actually it sounds wonderful.

3. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    You'd better keep VERY tight control of that master volume knob... :eyebrow:

MM

4. Sheesh! I haven't bought it just yet, but I put them both on hold at a music store.

The head was only $650 (though I was after a 700RB) and I really want the cab. I'll have to see if they have a 700RB in the back.

Would a 700RB be safe to run through a single Neo112?

Thanks again.

5. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    The 1001 will be safe if used judiciously.

=wr=

6. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    mushroom-cloud-hb.

7. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    both are as safe as you are. There's nothing wrong with that setup, but you could pretty easily destroy the speaker if you crank it too hard. If you hear it farting out, turn it down. If you need more volume, get another/bigger cab.

8. I decided against buying it after all, went back and took it off layaway. Didn't want to risk it.

I still plan on getting a 700 or 1001, but I think I'll try to find a Neo 212. The ohms will depend on which amp.

Thanks for the advice.

9. Sinclair

Sinclair

Nov 7, 2008
    Germany
    Why? :eyebrow:
    I would get the 8 ohms version anyway. If you need more cone area, you can always add a second one later. The 700RB has way more than enough juice to power a 8 ohms 212 (actually I use that setup).

10. Yeah, you're probably right.

I'm rethinking the 1001rb head. I'll look around for a good deal on 212 cab (i.e. when I have the dough :)). But I figure my SVT 410HE should handle it for now.

Those folks at the store are gonna hate me. :D
    Back and forth, and back and forth...