1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK 1001RB-II + Berg NV610

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dr Stankface, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Anyone tried out this combo? I'm seriously debating selling my GK Neo 212 and Neo 115 in order to buy one. Will be trying out this combo soon but just wanted to know your opinion. I'm going for a more old school phat tone than what the Neos deliver and feel this just may be the ticket.

2. Anyone?

3. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Works great IMO. The GK is naturally clear sounding and the 610 tames that a bit with everything set flat. There is enough of a range of treble boost on the GK that you can dial in more if you need. If you are simply looking for more "old school" than the neos the NV 610 will get you there.

4. Do the NV610s still deliver REALLY phat bottom end?

5. lavaman67

lavaman67 Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Yes, in the world of rock n' roll. If you are looking for dub, or dancehall reggae phat maybe not. If you have PA support there would be almost no doubt the NV610 would be plenty and in all likelihood would give you better definition on stage. If you are playing super phat reggae with little or no PA support maybe you should look at the NV215.

6. Well, I play in one cover group and one original group and neither one require the reggae phatness. I'm looking for growly, large, punch you in the throat tone.

7. Swing by tomorrow bro.

My NV610 will be here to wow you.

Bring the 1001 for my curiosity too.

Based on my first NV610, ad knowing what youre looking for, it may be time to move those Neos.

8. Just remember Travis, my offer stands. You just say the word and they're yours. :D

9. lavaman67

lavaman67 Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    The NV610 is your golden ticket then. I've never heard an NV215 and I am sure from all disrciptions it can do the rock thing quite well, but judging from your second description then I would go with the NV610. There is no substitute.

10. Just what I wanted to hear.

Doing whatever I can to snag one now. :D