1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 1001RB-II = universal transformer?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by filevans80, Jan 25, 2006.

  1. filevans80


    Jan 21, 2006
    Hi everybody,
    I've read conflicting post on this and other forums that the Gallien Krueger 1001RB-II has a universal transformer so power conversions for different countries is quite easy. Can anyone tell me for sure if this is true?

  2. Trevorus


    Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    IIRC, there is a wire to switch to change the tap point to allow it to work with different voltages.
  3. Mcrelly


    Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
  4. Yes it's universal. You'll need to switch a couple of wires and the fuse. The service dept at GK can give you the exact info.
  5. remo


    Jan 15, 2005
    just match the colored wires to the correct terminals on the PCB.. line the colors up with the required voltage and make sure the correct fuse is in there.. it's easy once you look inside.. just make sure it's all unplugged first and if you are not 100% confident get your tech to do it.
  6. Thunder Pulse

    Thunder Pulse

    May 12, 2007
    In the 17 months since this thread was last replied to I'd assume he's taken care of it by now.
  7. remo


    Jan 15, 2005
    I posted my response for others searching for the answer to this question, not for the OP...
  8. Thunder Pulse

    Thunder Pulse

    May 12, 2007
    Excellent point. Dig is retracted.
  9. Primary

    Primary TB Assistant

    Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

    Nov 25, 2020

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.