1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 1001rb into 410 sbx plus

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brianhill, Nov 28, 2006.

1. brianhill

brianhill

Oct 27, 2006
    I'll soon have a gk 410 sbx plus 4 ohm cab. Will i need to bridge the two outputs on the 1001rb into the cab or just one speaker cable?

thanks!

2. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    You can't bridge a single amplifier. ;)

Regardless, a single speaker cable is all you'll need. The two outputs are parallel.

3. brianhill

brianhill

Oct 27, 2006
    thanks!
    thats what i thought, just wanted to make sure so i didn't ya know, blow up $400 worth of speakers

4. jesusplaysbass

jesusplaysbass

Apr 17, 2006
    buy an rbh cab instead and plug it in using a speakon cable so that u can use the biamp capabilities of ur head

5. morebass!

morebass! I'm all ears Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    The sbx cabs are also compatible with the GK bi-amp system and come with the proprietary cables needed to do it.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The SBX cab is just what you need, a single four conductor speakon cable will do it fine. It will provide full wattage at 4 ohms because of the impdeance of your cabinet. Two cables not needed.

7. tadawson

tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    The main diff between RBH and SBX is ported vs. sealed. They both use the same crossover/input module and tweeter. I think the drivers in the SBX plus is pretty close to the same as the RBH too . . . . the regular SBX is had stamped frame drivers though.

Capabilities RE: biamp are identical for both cabs . . . . . standard 4 wire speakon cable, and you are good to go.

- Tim