Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 1001rb Mark II Bi-Amp question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RSmith, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Hey All,
    I plan on getting a GK 1001rb Mark II soon and I was wondering if you can bi-amp it using 2 cabs that are 4omm each. I ask because I currently have a 800 rb and the manual says the High range speaker needs to be 8omm or you risk damage. So, I'm hoping the 1001 will work with my 4 omm cabs. Thanks!
    Robert

2. Mattski

Mattski

Jan 6, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    The minimum impedance on the GK 1001RB II is 4 ohms. Running two 4ohm cabs would be a two ohm load. The bi-amping option of the GKs (Except the 800RB) is for tweeters only. They are a plug and play option with compatible GK cabs, but other set-ups need some mods (Easy ones, though.) I have the GK 1001RB II and love it.

Good luck.

Matt

3. Thanks for the reply. So it sounds like I just plug in and play like I do on my 800rb (in full range).

4. If you're using it with a non GK cabinet, just ignore the tweeter control. It'll function like a standard mono amplifier at 700 watts.

5. Thanks Daniel.