Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 1001Rb/TF420 Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Andy Cleaver, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Andy Cleaver

Andy Cleaver A show of hands....

Dec 16, 2004
    England, Midlands
    If I got either of these heads from the states would they work fine without any modification in the UK? I was told some heads are compatible where as others aren't due to the voltage difference. Can someone shed a bit of light on this please?

Same with cabs, but presumably they are universal?

Cheers!

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    If your voltage is 120/110 at 60HZ you will be fine. But I think the UK is 50HZ, not sure about line voltage.

3. UK is 240V. The GK 1001RB-II has a universal transformer. You'll just need to take the top off and make a couple of jumper pin changes. Keep in mind, if you don't wire it correctly and it breaks, it will not be covered for warranty.

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound

Isn't GK cool! :D

5. Andy Cleaver

Dec 16, 2004
    England, Midlands
    Thanks! I'll bear that in mind. It seems like it may just be a better idea to get my ass down to London and try/buy from one of the fancy music shops down that way :)!

Cheers anyway!

6. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Try sending Dave Funk a PM.

7. Bob Gallien asked me to let you know that you can have an authorized service center switch the wiring for 240 volts.

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Gk would be the way to go. As it has been mentioned, the switch to 240 is a simple one.

9. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thunderfunk makes a 240V Euro version as advertised on his site. I´ve mailed him about prices etc and he seems really nice.

10. Andy Cleaver

Dec 16, 2004
    England, Midlands
    Thanks mate! I'll bear that in mind. Thanks to anyone else who's added something as well, much appreciated :)!