1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 1001rb2 Rack suggestions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fatsobasso, Nov 9, 2006.

1. fatsobasso

fatsobasso

Dec 24, 2005
    Ormond florida
    I need a 4 space rack,i have a gk1001rb2,which rack will match up best with the gk,without adding alot of weight,anyone have a gk1001rb2 in a rack,if so,what rack?

2. shanmag

shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    ooh i have the same amp and will be buying a rack for it shortly

i'll probably get an SKB case, not sure which one yet

3. bagman

bagman

Sep 28, 2005
    SE Florida
    SKB rolling rack, just pull out the handel and bingo it rolls on small castors. had mine a year, no problems.

Make sure not to cover the fan on top of the amp with another peice of gear.

4. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    I now use rack bags exclusively. No rattle, easy to transport, usualy a little bit smaller than SKB, but to my knowledge, no variable dept (this doesn't matter to me, as I use Genz Benz, wich are pretty deep anyway). If you really want SKB or the likes, make sure the latches are riveted to the covers. I hate rattle from the latches.

5. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    SKB X-rack...fits nicely and very compact. Either 2 or 3 space, depending on whether you want something else in the rack with the amp.

6. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I used a shallow SKB roto rack. THe cheap one. 3 space. You have to trim a little plastic off the 'lip
    on the back of the case if you mount the amp on the bottom, otherwise the speaker cables are too close. No big deal though. 5 min with a blade...

7. opivy3056

opivy3056 stardust in a light beam Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2004
    San Diego
    I have a gator 2U rack for my 700rbII

Fits nicely, and built well.
    I accidentally dropped my head one night while packing up onto some brick stairs, I was glad it was in the case.

8. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    I will second the Gator Rack.

I got the Gator 3U Shallow Effects rack for my GK 1001RB II. Because the fan is located on top of the amp, I wanted to leave a little room for it to breath.

9. When I first got my GK 1001RB-II, I had the GK bag that's available. After twice falling out of the back of the guitar player's SUV (due to his nonchanance in gear handling), I figured I needed a harder type of case. I decided on the SKB X-Rack in two space size. No problem at all with internal clearance for the top mounted fan (as opposed to more traditional close-fitting Anvil style flight cases), and the shallow depth is all that's needed. Great protection, good price, fairly good weight. I also don't have issues with the speaker cables fitting (probably just my connector choice). I leave the power cable connected, detach and store the speaker cables inside, close 'er up, and that's that!

10. I have my 700RB-II in an SKB 3 space X-rack. I like an extra rack space above for cooling purposes (I also trimmed the back lip).