Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 112MBX?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scott D, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey, i was looking through Musiciansfriend.com, and they have an add on 12" for the GK MB150 combo (the really light microbass 1x12), and i noticed they had an add on 12" for like $279, ratings were good and it was 12 Lbs! does anyone know about these, or are they just bad? i know how everyone is into extreme lightweight cabs here... I was at a local jazz place, and the upright bassist had an MB150, and the thing sounded huge! i wonder if the cabs sound the same...GK 112MBX

2. TRIPSTER

TRIPSTER

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA
    As a former GK worker I can say that the 112MBX is just like a MB150 without the amp. It sounds dark and middy with a good bottom end. Not a lot of highs. But it IS very light and easy to move.

3. The cab is going to sound basically identical to the full combo. If you liked the sound of the combo you should be happy with the ext cab. Plus you'll squeak out and extra 60 watts of power from the amp !

4. Yes, what they said.

Also, it is the perfect tone for upright players.