1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 150 MBE amp bag

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mburd, Oct 4, 2010.

1. mburd

mburd

Aug 20, 2004
    Maine
    What are you folks using?
    I'm interested in hearing your "creative" solutions.
    Thinking about a Mooradian, unless there are more cost-effective alternatives that work as well.

2. GK makes a bag for this combo that is decent. That's probably the way to go. Musician's Friend sells them. A+ design (cable pocket, good protection), B- Quality.... strap and zippers aren't the best, but still OK.

3. mburd

mburd

Aug 20, 2004
    Maine
    Hmm.. thanks for the reference. A M-F reviewer notes strap breakage.. Is the mooradian considered A+ quality and worth $100 more..?

4. The strap hardware and strap itself are what resulted in my B- quality. However, it is a decent bag IMO, and you could probably buy a more heavy duty strap.

I LOVE Mooradian products, and use their bags for virtually every micro head I own (starting with my Walter Woods years ago). Uber quality, wonderful design. Not sure if there 'soft' design would really be appropriate for the relatively heavy MB150.. which puts a lot of weight and strain on the bottom of a bag. You could probably ask them and see what they think, given the weight of that combo (I believe approaching around 25 pounds or so if I remember correctly).

If Mooradian could somehow reinforce the bottom, and you are pretty sure that combo is a keeper for you, and you have the cash, hard to go wrong with that company.

5. mburd

mburd

Aug 20, 2004
    Maine
    muy bueno..