Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

gk 2001 rb

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gfunk 121, Apr 21, 2004.

1. gfunk 121

gfunk 121

Apr 16, 2004
    i just got mine and i also have a 410 rbh cabinet, i need some help to hook it up, it came with a manual but i dont fully understand it, when i used the speakon cable and tried to bi-amp it, it made so much noise so i am using it now in normal mode. can i bi-amp it when i only have one cabinet hooked up to the amp> whats bridge mode? any help would be apreciated thanks

2. bump come on guys sounds like he needs help

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    make sure that you have the cabinet set up for biamp. Usually they have a switch, or a separate jack marked "Bi-amp." Then make sure the switch on the amp marked "tweeter crossover" is pushed in. That should do it. Make all connections while the amp is off, of course.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Make sure the cable is the 4 conductor bi amp cable, as well. If it came with the setup, then it should be fine, but double check. Sometimes the bi-amping really isn't all it's cracked up to be, but GK does do some cool things with their crossover. Like if you overdrive the amp, it will only send overdriven to the lows, so that way you don't get the harsh nasty sound on the tweeter.