Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 2001RB & cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hooky, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Hooky

Hooky

Feb 23, 2006
    OK so im new here so please go easy on me. I've tried the search topic but I couldnt find anything to specifically answer my query.

I'm about to upgrade my rig and get a GK 2001RB but im trying to sort out what cabs to get with it. Im probably going to go with the the Gallien Krueger ones and Ive been thinking along the lines of one 410RBH and one 115RBH.

The thing is I cant get my head round the biamp/bridging and making sure the speakers arent going to be underpowered or going to explode!

In summary will 410RBH and one 115RBH be OK?

Thanks

2. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    It depends on what you want. If you want punch and in-your-face bass, you should go with two 410RBH. On the other hand if you more soft bottom ala Ampeg go with one of each.

3. Hooky

Hooky

Feb 23, 2006
    Thanks.

Would those speakers be sufficiently powered by that amp or would they be overpowered?

4. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    You worry too much about it. Underpowering isn't really a concern unless you're clipping all the time. Those cabinets ought to be a great match with that amp.

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    The 410,115 will be a great match for the 2001 RB. Endless power. It's an expensive rig and complete overkill for most situations but if you want to drown out the rest of the band it's ideal and you'll have good tone while doing it.

The user manual will explain the bi-amp feature for you.

6. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
  7. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I wish I could lift a rig like that:)

8. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    LOL....Soooo True...I guess it could be a lil bit hard on one's back:p .......But boy it would be nice to have:D :hyper: