Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 200MB, great shape, priced to sell...

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Vic, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    SOLD
    I have a GK 200MB that's in excellent condition, as well as a BRAND NEW origianl equipment GK replacement speaker. I got a good deal on this amp, so I'll pass that on.

The newer ones (MB150E/S) sell for about 450-500 used pretty easily, and the 200MB's typically sell for about 50-100 less witout the new speaker. Lotsa' folks, especially upright players, actually like this older model better... it's eq'd a bit different. A little more mid punch.

I'll save all the dickering right now and let this one go for 300+shipping+paypal (FIRM) WITH the new speaker (already installed). This amp is worth at least another 50 easily especially with the new speaker.

It has the built-in chorus and compressor, tons of patching, etc. etc. You know the amp.

The condition is not "mint" as it has some of the white lettering a bit rubbed off here and there, and the original owner (I'm only the second owner) engraved his SSN on it and then engraved it "out" when he sold it to me. It's very minor, not in a printed area. I can get pics out soon.

Electronically, it's perfect. Knobs and pots are great. Very strong sound, awesome portability and construction, just not my tone, so I gotta' move it. I also have the little locking ring for the mic stand mount, which is hard to find and often lost.

2. What's teh wattage and ohmage? can it handle an extention speaker (4x10)?

3. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    pm sent!
    ;)

4. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    replied! :)

5. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    100W @ 4ohms, yeah, it's got a switch on the back to enable/disable the internal 8 ohm speaker, and an external speaker jack (maybe two), so you can go pure external if you want, or run a big 8 ohm cab and use the main unit as a monitor. Dunno what it's power rating is at 8ohms, but it's got plenty-o-guts for such a small box. Can even do a respectable job with a B string.

Tons of great reviews for these things all over the place and this one is rock solid. I think it's spent almost all its time in the other guys house and mine.

6. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
  7. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Both pics should show the great condition of the amp, and the second pic should clearly show the engraving and the white lettering rubbed off a bit on the one end. Other than that, pretty much nothing other than the usual very minor blemishes from use.

Click the pix for bigger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    A couple bites, but no money comitted yet. Get it before it's gone!!

9. PM sent

10. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    PM replied to, but I think it might be sold already. I'll confirm within a day or two on that.

11. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    SOLD! :)