1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK 200RCB Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fuz74, Apr 12, 2009.

1. fuz74

fuz74 Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    The Canadian Midwest
    Tone chaser...
    I have a small (hopefully not stupid) question. I have a GK 200RCB and a Yorkville Bassmaster 400. I love the sound of the GK but it is underpowered for bigger speakers (100W into 4 ohms). I have plugged the headphone jack of the GK into the
    -6 db input jack of the Yorkville. It sounds great without any additional noise. It appears to be working great without any problems. My question is...is this an ok and safe? I am pretty ignorant to a lot of the technical stuff but it made sense in my at the time. Sorry again if this is a dumb question I just don't want to do any damage to any of the gear.

Thanks, and this forum has been a very helpful resource.

2. If you are not overloading (distorting) the Yorkville you should be just fine. Just don't try using the speaker outputs to another amp, if it (the G-K) has an effects send (or Pre out) that would be the better choice.

3. fuz74

fuz74 Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    The Canadian Midwest
    Tone chaser...
    I tried to use the Effects Loop outs but the headphone out somehow sounded better and it was easier to plug a small right angle 1/4" cord into both since they are both on the front of the amps. It doesn't appear to be overloading the input of the Yorkville. Thanks very much for the reply.

4. Cool, the Yorkville may actually like the lower impedence input (for the sound you want).:bassist: