1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 212MBE ? question(s)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by garagebassman, Mar 3, 2010.

1. If the pic on MF is accurate, I'm prety sure the port is visible in the lower left corner.
    I beleive it's very similar to the 212 combo's cab, which seems to have an extremely full low end.
    I'll bet that the 4 or 8 ohm option won't appear until much closer to the availability dates.
    I hope things are going smoothly at the GK facility in Shanghai, because I have a felling there will be quite a demand for these new cabs as well !

2. Livewire

Livewire Yahtzeeee

Nov 13, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    I hope these cabs work out well, I'd love to purchase a cheap, light cab to pair with my 8ohm Avatar 210 and GK700RBII head.

I'm just wondering if it'll handle the wattage.

3. SpectorDetector

SpectorDetector Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    I found the answer in another thread.

Thanks! 115MBE will be mine!

:hyper:

4. rag

rag

Mar 24, 2003
    Robert A. Gallien, President Gallien-Krueger
    On hold for now.
    RAG

5. rag

rag

Mar 24, 2003
    The 210MBE and 115MBE are the same dimensions. all the MBE cabinets are ported.

6. rag

rag

Mar 24, 2003
    The 212MBE is front ported like the MB212. Plenty of low end.

7. maevinj

maevinj

Feb 10, 2008
    ALB!
    has anybody pre-ordered one of these? Any word on when they'll hit the street. i noticed MF changed the date from March 29 to 2-4 weeks

8. Livewire

Livewire Yahtzeeee

Nov 13, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    So these new cabinets won't mix well with other heads? Say for example, possibly mixing one of these new 410's with a GK700RBII head?

9. I know the production/supply is still ramping up to meet the demand, but I am curious (if it is indeed determined yet) whether the 212MBE 8 ohm will be available at the same time as the 4 ohm ?
    After reading here about the 8 ohm option it lead me towards two 8 ohm 212MBE's with the MB500 head....instead of the MB212 combo.
    The trusty '86 400RB and mid 80's 410B will have to "hold down the fort" until I can get my hands on'em !

10. maevinj

maevinj

Feb 10, 2008
    ALB!
    I haven't seen any mention of any 8 ohm version of this or the other MBE cabs out in the wild. Of course I'm going to believe RAG obviously, it would just be nice for the retailers to get their sites updated.

11. Considering that my current GK cab is a 4x12/2x10 fridge I am VERY interested in a pair of the 8 ohm 2x12's neos.

12. I would like to know the answer to that too. i have the RBII 1001. got the MBE 2x12 on order, (MF says end of May)
    but that whole "extension cab...&...for the MB heads only" thing, has me asking about the RB to MBE compatability....the power rating specs jive, but i get this feeling that i might be missing something... i even sent rag a message about it...
    {....i don't see why it shouldn't}

13. maevinj

maevinj

Feb 10, 2008
    ALB!
    So is this actually coming out? MF keeps pushing back the date. I think it's like May 24th now. I'm almost starting to think it's vaporware at this point

14. cliffbass1

cliffbass1

Jun 1, 2003
    Minnesota
    Wow this is a bummer I just found the perfect cab and its not available til 06-30-2010 :( oh well it just give me more time to save up :D

15. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    What bums me out is the MBe112 might not even come out at all.

16. :crying:

Why is that?

17. Yeah, I've been watching these dates get pushed back with dismay as well....totally jonesin' to get a 212mbe , or two , or now that the 410mbe has been added, it looks good as well.

Hopefully they'll get out there soon !

I'm looking at getting an mb212 combo to tide me over till they come out.....

18. These are intended to be matched up with the MB series, but I presume these cabs could handle pretty much any head? (within wattage reason of course :))

19. For those who have used the MB212, I see that it's a fairly deep sounding cab, but how does it do with a low B at high volumes? Does it start farting out?

20. Just a little common sense; The MBE's have the same footprint (are meant to stack with) the MB combos. The MBE's don't have the H.M.S. horn circuit, so you can use them with any head you choose but the tweeter amp won't be connected from the "RB" series amp heads. You can still use them with the 1001RB II but only the "woofer" master will be active like any other manufacturers cabs. ;)