1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK-2b or Piezos?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by FCM3, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Hi-
    Thought I'd ask the educated.
    I'm having a bass made and I can either install Piezo's or the internal GK-2b pickup from Roland.
    I'd use either systems to control the Vbass unit (and possibly Midi in the future).Of course get a piezo tone as well.

The cost is approximately the same for both systems installed and wired, so cost isn't a factor.

I guess I'm wondering if Piezo are all that and worth it or just stick w/ the GK-2B.
    Thanks
    frank

2. are u saying u can have both for the same price, or the both cost as much, i would go with Piezo, cause form every thing i have heard they track better and u get the Piezo sound.

3. I'm saying i can either one, either piezo OR GK-2b. Not both.
    As the price of the equipment + install is approx the same (500USD).
    I too am leaning towards piezos, but the addition of the GK-2b is less invasive (albeit visible).
    I've not used piezos before and IMO the GK-2b tracks real well, I get all my playing nuances/dymanics so far, bends, harmonics, fast taps everything.
    So i'm still undecided.
    Thanks
    frank

4. GK-2b is less invasive (albeit visible).
    i dont get what u mean. i thought you will see a thin pickup near the bridge pickup.

with Piezo's u wount see them and u mite only have one more knob added to ur bass, and u dont all ways have to use them.pluse it will give u one more sound and it tracks just as good.