Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 2x10 combo thoughts?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I will soon be looking for a 2x10 style combo, and with the above just said.....does anyone have any suggestions? I am thinking of trying one of the Gallien Krueger 400RB combos, and think the kick-back style setup would be nice to set on the front of the stage, facing forward like a floor wedge.

Anyone with experience with this kind of amp?

2. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    It's a good unit. I rather liked it. There's no tweet though. I was more partial to the 700 or the 1001.

Gospel Bass Player likes this.
  3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Do any of their combo's offer a tweeter? I am also looking to buy used........what are fair prices on these?

4. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Yes, the 700 and 1001RB combos have tweeters.

5. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    the new sbx combos that are comning out over the next couple of months have the same tweeters that are in the RBH cabs.

I bought a GK 700rb I three weeks ago. I love it!

6. jimbob

jimbob

Dec 26, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    Endorsing Artist: Acoustica Mixcraft; Endorsing Artist: DR Strings
    If you haven't looked into the Eden Nemesis series, you should. My 210p has a tweeter also and is light and very punchy. It does not come with the Wedge cabinet however.

7. herrera

herrera

Feb 15, 2002
    any other brands to look for?
    i mean i am also looking for a 2x10 combo

8. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I just came back from G.C. and sam ash and played the 1001RB which I plan on buying. All I got to say is woo hoo, I just can't wait. I am trying to hold out for the 1001RBII 2x10 combo which is 700 watts at 4 ohm's.

9. 1001RB-II Sorry Mesa Boogie, but GK actually has the most powerful bass combo in the world. 700W @ 4 ohms. 460W at 8 ohms. Todd Johnson was just at the factory today and took one of these home. They should be shipping in the next couple of weeks.

10. I love my GK 1001rb 2x10 combo @ 540 watts @4 ohms. Combine it with a 1x15 SBXii, and it will fill the soul.

11. Lgangi426

Lgangi426 Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Danvers, MA
    I have the GK backline 210 and it's great. It kicks back and is very versatile