1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gk 2x10 vs ampeg 2x10 combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joe abraham, Sep 9, 2019.

1. joe abraham

joe abraham

Sep 5, 2019
    I currently own a 100w rumble which is nowhere near enough for the band I play in. I dont really enjoy the tone of it too much either, I definitely rushed into the purchase when I made it.
    After a lot of research I've found 2 amps that I really like. The galien kruger 2x10 combo and the ampeg 2x10 combo.
    I think I prefer the sound of the 2x10s rather than a 12 or 15 and in future I'd maybe like to add a 15 inch cab to whatever amp I decide on.
    At the moment I'm more suding towards the gk as the place I practice in has a gk115 combo that has never let me down but the ampeg looks like a good amp (and is a hell of a lot cheaper)
    Does the ampeg compare to the gk?
    If anyone has experience of either amps or any other suggestions I'd appreciate some feedback!

2. BassBeginer64

BassBeginer64 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    Sell ya another Rumble 100 v3 - twice the sound :D

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Those are both quite good choices. I prefer the Ampeg (and yes, it totally hangs) but nothing wrong with GK if you like their vibe.

4. joe abraham

joe abraham

Sep 5, 2019
    Thanks for the reply! Do you have anything else in mind that would be worth checking out?

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    No, just the Ampeg :D

6. joe abraham

joe abraham

Sep 5, 2019
    Thanks mate, appreciate it. I'll let you know what I decide on...

JimmyM likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021