1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK-3B AND MY TAURAS III?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Blu bro, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
    Heya,

I am wondering if i was to buy one of these Roland midi pick ups if i could hook it up to my Tauras and use that for my Synth sounds?
    Any input would be much appreciated. Because if this is possible that would be freakin awesome!

2. fokof

fokof One day ,I'll be in the future

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
    Roland Pickups are not MIDI , there is 6 humbucker pickups , one for each string , and those 6 analog signal are sent to a processor.
    (VB99 , GR55 , Axon , etc... )
    These processors then treat each string individually , enable you to do polyphonic stuff.

You need a processor to change that to MIDI , like a VB99 or a GI20. ( might call this "pitch to MIDI" )

3. gumtown

gumtown

May 7, 2007
    New Zealand
    Or something like the new Fishman tripple play wireless midi only gizmo, but i am not sure if they do a bass version.

4. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
    Ok, I thought it might have been a bit too good to be true. Thankyou very much for your wisdom. I do love technology and the possibilities that it offers. I couldnt find any info on mixing it with other brands that's all.

Thanks anyways.

5. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    How do you like that T3? I just got one it's kinda of fantasy come true.

Right in front of me.

6. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
    I freakin love my T3.. its the fattest sounding bass I have ever heard. Adds so many options to my live sound. I use it for almost everything now because the sounds on it are really good quality. My only complaint is I find the arp mode really hard to use live.
    But for sound quality and sound uniqueness this thing rocks. Love it.

7. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    You can play MIDI'd Taurus from your bass guitar for about $100 with one of these...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/sonuus-b2m-universal-bass-to-midi-converter

It requires fresh roundwould strings and an accurate fingering/picking style to avoid false notes & triggering, but you can have a lot of fun with one.
    A much better solution would to buy a MIDI keyboard controller, and play the Taurus using keys. Keys have much faster tracking & accuracy, and the added features of controlling pitch, modulation or any of the T-3's filter/oscillator features that you can assign to either expression wheel on the keyboard controller.

8. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
    thanks heaps SuperD, def gonna check that out. and i have thought about a midi controller keys but a bass guitar would be so much more fun i reckon. coll thing is that $100 is worth an experimentation (failed or not). Thanks heaps for your input (pun intended)