Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 400 or 700 ??????????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jackson0321, Jul 13, 2001.

1. jackson0321

jackson0321

Apr 4, 2001
    Houston, TX
    is the 700 worth the extra 110 bucks

2. if you can hack it, why not? You can never go wrong with extra power...if anythign, its added headroom...Its better to be overpowered than underpowered ;)

3. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    i think the 700 has a variable level line out instead of a fixed one like the 400. it does have more power. i don't think you can make use of the 50W horn amplifier unless you get a GK rbh (i think-the ones with the horns) series cab. other than that, the tone is the same. more headroom is good though. i dunno what your money situation is, but i would probably get the 400 and then put the extra $ into a cab...

4. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    The 700RB is pretty different from the 400RB. They are NOT the same amp with different amounts power. The circuitry in the 700RB is different from that in the 400RB.
    On the other hand, the 1001RB is the same amp as the 700RB, except more powerful.
    I would spring for the 700RB, if you can afford it. The tone is a little more refined, and you have more patching and voicing options. As you start playing with louder guitar players and drummers you will appreciate the extra power, too.