1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 400RB 210 combo III- go to a MB210 combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by imichael, Oct 22, 2010.

1. imichael

imichael

Nov 26, 2003
    London, England
    Hi

I have been running my 400RB 210 Combo for a good few years - I use it with a 1 X15 Cab and it has always delivered for me.

My PA guy always takes me through his desk so its more about on stage sound for me.

So my back is finally caving in (slipped disc!) and I saw the MB210 weighs just 30 pounds and there is a lot of positive stuff on here, however my Dad always told me there is no such thing as a free lunch.....

Will the MB210 deliver what I am used to or is it really a step down from my RB400 210 combo.....I know the power seems up 500w into 4 ohm v 280 on my rig but I have a suspicion it may not have the same quality - Im asking as I havent been able to find anyone on the UK who has this in stock in my area to try out....Thanks

Interested in any opinions thanks especially if you made this transition -

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Well, for one thing, what you've got is a USA made GK combo, and what you're looking at isn't.

3. butchblack

butchblack Life is short. Do good. Find and do what you love.

Jan 25, 2007
    Waltham Massachusetts
    I never owned an RB400 210 combo, but I've played through one a lot. Bottom line the MB210 sounds like a GK, is plenty loud. They seem to be well made. Are they as good as the American made RB? I don't know but I haven't found anything to make me believe they're not good quality. I've had mine about 9 months now and couldn't be happier with it. You may notice a difference, I doubt it would be considered a step down.

One thing on the forums is the position of the DI out can be a bit tricky to unplug so if you use that to go to your board you may want to buy a short balanced cable and leave it plugged in. Also the DI out is pre EQ only if you're used to sending a post EQ signal to your board you'd need to use a DI box or mic the cab.